Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

Barter? I want to understand Blogging Better....You?

Hi.........I've been writing a lot of material in the last 15 years, mostly fanciful tales, some short fiction, some commentary, some pet tips, and am also very interested in personal biography.

Publication still eludes me altho some of my writing I believe is very good..

I'd like to find a way to transcribe short personal biograpical material for other people and use it on a Blog site (or some of the other material mentioned above) to promote local business...I'm not interested in the typical blog material "rant & rave" or tech stuff or even popular culture stuff....want this to be very local, upfront and interpersonal...........

If anyone has any ideas how I could go about this........I'd love to hear them and would trade housecleaning/org services or writing/editing/html services in exchange..........thanks, douglas
    Last edited by decterlove; 04-15-2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: clicked submit too soon!!!!!!!!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Veronica

Re: Barter? I want to understand Blogging Better....You?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    If anyone has any ideas how I could go about this........I'd love to hear them and would trade housecleaning/org services or writing/editing/html services in exchange..........thanks, douglas
    Hi there, I use the free wordpress.com format for my two blogs: https://eloheim.wordpress.com/ and https://sonomavalleycalendar.wordpress.com

It took me hours and hours to figure it all out as this was my first experience with blogs. However, I have since been able to help three other people set theirs up in an hour or so.

Check them out. If you like it, contact me at [email protected].
    One thing, wordpress.com doesn't support commericial blogs. If you just want to share your writing, that is fine. If you are wanting to sell items from your blog, that isn't the platform for you.

Veronica
    PS: After re-reading your post I am not sure that I am answering your question. However, I will leave my post in place for now as others might like the lead on the wordpress blogging platform. They do have a forum and lots of FAQ's so you can set up a blog yourself.

3. TopTop #3
    AquaGyrl

Barry... maybe it's time to add a blogging feature to WaccoBB.net?

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AquaGyrl: View Post
    Barry... maybe it's time to add a blogging feature to WaccoBB.net?
    It's coming, probably in the summer.