In my last post regarding changing the nature of a relationship, I said something like"....as long as it's a "clean" conversation (no dramatics)...."
and I have been asked what I mean by that.

My definition (and this is the world according to Linda), especially for sticky communications as this might have been, is that no one uses language such as, "But how could you" .... "You made me feel"..."how could you do this to me"...blah blah....everyone is taking responsibility for their experience in the matter without blaming the other.

The most difficult outcome of this guys' predicament would be that he makes a move and gets rejected. In the face of that, how to remain friends? If both boy and girl act responsibly with their emotions, friendship can survive.

Perhaps, down the road, if he still has unrequited love for her, he may decide to do something different. Or if things get weird despite their best intentions, just because the energy got thrown out into the mix and it didn't blend well, something might have to change.

But however it turns out, they'll navigate better as we all might, if we can identify what's real for ourselves and communicate and act from that knowledge. And if you can't identify on your own (I often have difficulty with this one), own that too (I'm very good at this one tho:goodjob:) and ask for help. (getting better and Mr Barry is fabulous to get help from).

Send more questions or I'll have to start making them up...

Linda