Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Deb

The Politics of Barking Hounds

I live out west of Sebastopol off of Furlong Rd. I live here for the peace and quiet. Lately the neighborhood hounds have been terrorizing the local fauna. Forunately the bunnies and such are smarter and faster. But the hounds think the whole area needs to know of their activity. In other words their most annoying barking is reverbarating through the woods.

Any advise on how to deal with this? Does anyone know who owns these dogs? What are the politics of barking dogs? If I can't locate the owners and talk with them, is this the sort of thing for animal control?

Thanks,
    Deb
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    wildflower

Re: The Politics of Barking Hounds

Annoyance barking and being *off leash* are issues for Animal Control. It is illegal for dogs to run free/off their own property. They will issue a warning for barking...they will pick up off leash dogs and their guardians will have to pay to pick them up from the shelter...a good thing in some situations....like yours! 565-7100...that's the number!

Good Luck
    Karin

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Deb:
    I live out west of Sebastopol off of Furlong Rd. I live here for the peace and quiet. Lately the neighborhood hounds have been terrorizing the local fauna. Forunately the bunnies and such are smarter and faster. But the hounds think the whole area needs to know of their activity. In other words their most annoying barking is reverbarating through the woods.

Any advise on how to deal with this? Does anyone know who owns these dogs? What are the politics of barking dogs? If I can't locate the owners and talk with them, is this the sort of thing for animal control?

Thanks,
    Deb

3. TopTop #3
    SJM

Re: The Politics of Barking Hounds

I think that animal control will come only if you have a wandering dog collected and coralled on your property. And I also think that they require at least three complaints from neighbors before they will respond to bark complaints. Could be that this is old information, but at one time it was how it is/wuz...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wildflower:
    Annoyance barking and being *off leash* are issues for Animal Control. It is illegal for dogs to run free/off their own property. They will issue a warning for barking...they will pick up off leash dogs and their guardians will have to pay to pick them up from the shelter...a good thing in some situations....like yours! 565-7100...that's the number!

Good Luck
    Karin