dear allies....i have rescued and placed about 20 dogs as an individual rescuer in the past years since doing fieldrescue in new orleans. Now, i am called to crew aboard a seashepherd.org ship on a campaign to confront the japanese whalingfleet on their illegal whalekilling in the antartic territories. I will be boarding the ship around mid dec, and expect to be back home in west marin by mid feb. I stopped taking on more dogs a few months ago in preparation for this voyage, but in my effort to only place dogs in the best adoptive homes, i still have 4 under my wing here where i live. They are Bounce, Cata and Houla on my website thedogshack.org, plus a mellow, easygoing malamute by the name of Mal who is not listed there.
This is a plea to please help me network to find people to take one or more under their wing in love and safety, and enjoy the pleasure of their company for those 2 months when i am on a mission to ally myself with wild animals. They will come with all necessary accessories and support network. If you know someone who lives between fairfax and point reyes, or someone who would be competent to live in my primitive situation with the dogs, the dogs can also stay here but they would need experienced doghandler who has time to spend with them.
I hope to hear any ideas you may have for us in these unusual circumstances. Peace for all beings, saskia