Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bluesnomore

Don't send people on wild goose chases

I am the guy who recycles computers for students and low income people and would like to tell you that a fellow member who last week Thursday. said I could come by and pick up two maybe three computers today. When I called him this morning he said sorry to tell me but he already gave them away to someone else.

This wouldn't usually make me mad but the price of gas I was heading toward Petaluma when he told me this he didn't try and contact me or let me know and that is wrong! his name is [email protected]so if you have any dealings with this person please check before you go out of your way to do so.

And thanks again to all who have donated their computers and parts its been a great help in my efforts

Sincerley
    John Leach
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    lukeahoy

Re: Don't send people on wild goose chases

Sheesh. What a bummer to have your name publicly abused. Yes my name is Luke, and I am a teacher at a school that had a bunch of old computers. I found John's name here on Wacco and connected to him via his wife's email. It was the only connection I had to him. He told me he was coming through Petaluma and would call before he did on Monday. Hours before he arrove, One of the school employees expressed interest in the computers and told me he would take them off my hands. I made the difficult decision to go ahead and let them go then, and not to John. I hadn't had John's number, but knew he was going to call before he came. When John called, I informed him of his misfortune and he said it was not a problem. I also apologized.
    John and others, please don't do this to people who are givers. It makes us a bit reluctant to give again. Secondly, be clear in your communication. If you say this is no problem, let it go. Finally, share the positive a bit more.
    To my past and present community, please don't let just one person give you an impression of who I am. If you'd like to know more about me, you're welcome to email me or visit the school I teach at, where I give my all every single day trying to make the world a more positive place.
    -Luke Snyder

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bluesnomore:
    I am the guy who recycles computers for students and low income people and would like to tell you that a fellow member who last week Thursday. said I could come by and pick up two maybe three computers today. When I called him this morning he said sorry to tell me but he already gave them away to someone else.

This wouldn't usually make me mad but the price of gas I was heading toward Petaluma when he told me this he didn't try and contact me or let me know and that is wrong! his name is [email protected]so if you have any dealings with this person please check before you go out of your way to do so.

And thanks again to all who have donated their computers and parts its been a great help in my efforts

Sincerley
    John Leach
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email