Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jmft

Help, Voting advice needed.

I saw a post urging a no vote on McGuiness, does anyone know if any other judges have earned a no vote? I was unable to find the voter info. which was referenced. Thanks, Jason
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Evalena Rose
    Supporting Member

Re: Help, Voting advice needed. Re: judges

Re: Judges on ballot. I got this today from a woman whose sister has investigated all the judges who are on the ballot. Please note that William McGuiness wrote the majority opinion against gay marriage in the appellate court. Please feel free to pass this on to others in your networks. Blessings, Evalena

Sandra Margulies- Not much data. Looks okay.

Paul A. Hearle- Has been a bigshot in the state Republican Party.

James Richman- Very pro affirmative action, even after Californians passed a proposition banning it.

William McGuiness- Wrote the majority opinion (in the appellate court) against gay marriage

Peter Siggins- A crony of Arnold's, was his press secretary or something before Arnie made him a judge.

Ignazio John Ruvolo- Has won awards (as a judge)

Patricia Sepulveda- Not much data, but some writer liked the way she handled a big case- seemed fair to both sides. Is from Fresno and was the first in her family to go to college.

Maria R. Rivera- has won awards (as a judge) and is on the advisory board of numerous civic organizations (encouraging leadership in Hispanic youth, helping "women of modest means who are entering the workforce" get professional looking clothing, etc.)

Barbara Jones- Won an award for her work in judicial ethic

I saw a post urging a no vote on McGuiness, does anyone know if any other judges have earned a no vote? I was unable to find the voter info. which was referenced. Thanks, Jason
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email