Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    eddierosenthal
    Supporting Member

Introducing me ( ed rosenthal, Higher Source Sites)

Greetings and Salutations to you, dear reader.

I wanted to say that your bulletin board is fascinating in many ways, the first and foremost is the daily poem, which I really appreciate with many gratitudes.

I recently added my little business to your Business Directory, in the hope that i might actually meet and help someone, or some company with their website work. I've done a bunch of things in my life and this is what i have settled into, since 2001, with some stops along the way.

Back in the day when i lived in Berkeley i worked at Lawrence Berkeley Lab for 15 years: first in operations, then consulting, programming, and business programming. That covered a lot of work between 1979 and 1995. That included things like Pascal, Fortran, Cobol, Forth, assembly language, awk, sed, all the shells ( Bourne, Korn, C shell), and of course C. Also did i mention CICS, and so on.

Prior to that i was a very into Poetry in San Francisco, and had courses with Creeley, Nanos Valoritis, and the surrealist poet Philip Lamantia. My basic interest continues, still loving many fine poets: Merwin, Bly, Kinnell are at the top of the heap for me. Anyway after the LBL i freelanced in the city for about 11 years, doing mostly database admin work with Oracle and Informix.

These days i stick with what i think i do well, building and helping folks with their website. I major in WordPress, and prefer that framework. I've worked with authors and artists lately, bloggers, travellers, and non profits. I think i am pretty good and probably charge about a third of the large companies. I have almost no overhead, of course there is the home mortgage, but i do all my own work, do not hire out from India or any of that stuff. I like to think i am very responsible and responsive. My option to build cheap and then have the management program pays for kibble ( did i say we also run a dog rescue? visit us at our rescue site. You can contact me about any work you might think you need. I'm am pretty much on Facebook every day so you can friend me there as well.

Sincerely, Edward ( Higher Source Sites ).
    Last edited by Barry; 01-16-2019 at 11:29 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email