Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Where do we go from here?

The National Campaign to End Corporate Personhood and Demand Real Democracy!

Name:  2018-10-12_19-41-28.png
Views: 543
Size:  372.5 KB

They did just what they said they would. They rammed him through, violating Senate process, prescendent, and any semblance of fairness or decency. The emperor really has no clothes at this point.

So now, probably no matter what happens in November, we are facing a generation (plus?) of Supreme Court decisions that will empower corporations and could dismantle any semblance of human rights and protections for women, people of color, poor people, immigrants, LGBTQ folks... probably more of us than we even know.

Nancy Pelosi has already said the Democrats won't be pushing for impeachment of Kavanaugh, despite how shady the whole process was.

It feels like the whole country is still reeling from the experience of the flagrant disrespect and nastiness the Republicans and Trump spat out at women and sexual assault survivors.

I don't know about you, but I am hearing stories from every corner of women who have been so triggered by the past few weeks it has been hard to get out of bed. I'm also hearing incredible stories of bravery as many survivors were moved by Dr. Ford's courage to show their own and tell their stories -- many for the first time or more publicly than ever before.

We can take this energy, this rage, and we can channel it into change. In fact we absolutely must. But voting for a new Congress alone will absolutely not get it done.

Where do we go from here?

I don't have all the answers, but we need to talk about it.

Please join me Monday evening to begin that discussion -- on Facebook Live at 5pm Pacific/8pm Eastern.

I want to hear your ideas. We at Move to Amend have a few of our own. Let's talk.
    Ever onward,
    Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap
    National Director, Move to Amend
    How to attend?

It's super easy:

Step 1: Like the Move to Amend fan page. (If you haven't already)

Step 2: Come to this page MONDAY OCTOBER 15 at 5pm Pacific/ 8pm Eastern and the live transmission will start automatically. You don't need to do anything.

Step 3: If you know other folks who would be interested in learning about Move to Amend, share the video on your FB page, and/or tag your people.

Step 4: During the transmission, say hello, share where are you from and post your question.
    Will there be a replay?

Yes, just go back to our FB fan page and scroll down for the play-back. Downside? You won't get your question answered live ;-). We will also post the recording to our YouTube Channel tomorrow if you don't use Facebook.
    Not sure what time the live stream is where you live?

Use this time zone tool to find out.
    See you there, and invite your friends too!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: