Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Do you know any Single Senior lesbians/bisexuals who'd like to be part of a social group?

I recently met a lesbian woman who asked if I knew of any social groups for lesbians. I told her that there are several LGBT events in our community, but I don't know of anything specifically for single senior lesbians.

So, I created a FB group yesterday to see if there's any interest. She's not on FB or any social media. So, I thought I'd put it out to the Wacco community.

Many years ago I created a group for single lesbians/bisexuals and the response was great. There were at least 20 women at each potluck meeting. I organized it so that there was a way for each woman to share about herself with the group.

We had planned activities, and several friendships grew from these gatherings.

So, if you're interested or know of someone who might be, please contact me, and we'll see what we can create to serve the needs of this special population.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-12-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Simone

Re: Do you know any Single Senior lesbians/bisexuals who'd like to be part of a social gro

Wischemann Hall, next to the Community center in Sebastopol is home of the 'Redwood Rainbows' a gay square dance club. Of course all adults of any gender or sexual orientation are welcome, it is a blast! . There is a live caller and no partner or experience is necessary. A very friendly, inclusive group. Free introductory classes are from 6-7p on the 3rd Friday of Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. from 6-7p.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I recently met a lesbian woman who asked if I knew of any social groups for lesbians. I told her that there are several LGBT events in our community, but I don't know of anything specifically for single senior lesbians....

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: Do you know any Single Senior lesbians/bisexuals who'd like to be part of a social gro

The Sebastopol Area Senior Center has many programs for elder lesbians/bisexuals, as well as other gender identities, including dances, parties, and outings. It is a simply wonderful place, open to all. They have incredible lunches from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. from Mon. to Fri. They cost $4 for those over 60 and $6.50 for others, which includes desserts. YUM! YUM!

These restaurant quality meals are simply delicious, and the volunteers who serve them are incredible. Since wounding my knee by stepping into a deep badger hole half a year ago, I have lunch there most weekdays. Please come join us, whatever your sexual orientation might be, and meet new friends.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-15-2018 at 08:45 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

7. TopTop #4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I recently met a lesbian woman who asked if I knew of any social groups for lesbians. I told her that there are several LGBT events in our community, but I don't know of anything specifically for single senior lesbians.

So, I created a FB group yesterday to see if there's any interest. She's not on FB or any social media. So, I thought I'd put it out to the Wacco community....
    I'd be interested in a single senior lesbian social group, Shanti. Most of the lesbian social groups I've hung around in here are mostly couples and that's nice, too but different. Lilith
    Last edited by Barry; 09-15-2018 at 08:48 AM.