Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SJM

Can I avoid being automatically subscribed to a thread

I've gone through and unsubscribed to every thread because I do NOT want to receive the Daily Digest. However, any time I post to a category, it seems that I automatically start getting the posts from that category.

Is the only way to stop this to disallow all emails? That seems too radical, but I can do that if necessary.

What I want is for individuals who feel they need to respond directly to me and not publicly to be able to do so, but NOT to get any general emails in my inbox. Is that an option?

Thanks for any help.
    Susan
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Can I avoid being automatically subscribed to a thread

Yes! You can change the default for whether you subscribe to the threads you post to, and you can change whether you get subscribed to the individual thread you are posting to.

To change the default to not subscribing to threads you post to, go to the User Control Panel (Top Menu) and then to the Edit Options page. Scroll down a bit and you'll see the "Messaging & Notification" section that contains the
    "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Change this to "Do not subscribe".

Once you have changed this, you can always change the subscription option for a given thread you are posting to, by changing the "Thread Subscription" option from you posting page. That option is located below the posting text box (you'll need to scroll down to see it).
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email