As many of you would have read by now, FBI director Sessions has reversed the "Cole memo", an Obama era policy that ordered the federal government to defer to state Cannabis laws, within the boundaries of states that have passed laws re-legalizing Cannabis.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...prosper-report

Because the federal government acts quite forcefully in persecuting Cannabis users and growers, the very recent statements by Sessions, with 'gonna get tough' kind of language, seems to directly pit state law against federal law, in several states.

I'm curious which states or counties are going to stand up to the federal government first. I don't mean just in court, I mean when the US government attempts a raid of some kind and local law enforcement defends the growers or users of Cannabis.

We have had a similar precedent in my county, under a sheriff who is no longer in office, on mining related confrontations. In some counties, the county sheriff is the final word in law enforcement, with the ability to stand up to the federal government.

Also, Mendocino county has a long tradition of the County Sheriff siding with the growers.

However, in California, the citizens are almost entirely dis-armed. They don't have the ability to stand up to a federal SWAT team hell-bent on enforcing federal law, over state law.

In Oregon & Washington, citizens have as many firearms as the state and federal government. Same in Colorado.

Between the "Yeah, California took another step" emotions on January 1, and now 3 days later Sessions standing up and saying "not so fast", I can't help but wonder how that's going to work out.

It is odd to see so much make-work involving law enforcement, to persecute users of a substance that was legal and part of the medical establishment pharmacopeia, for the first 160 years of US history.