Saturday, July 8th;5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
    Where Gaia's Garden, 1899 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa
    Cost Sliding scale from $50
    Event Website Add to Google Calendar

Name:  XR89HdI.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  46.7 KB

BENEFIT FOR TINY HOUSES FOR HUMANITY

Summary: Gaia’s Garden is hosting an exciting event as a benefit for Tiny Houses for Humanity, an organization founded to provide affordable housing for the homeless. Included in the evening are a formal, gourmet, vegan dinner and high-quality entertainment that is timely and funny.

Sliding scale from $50. A portion of the minimum, and everything over $50, will be donated to Tiny Houses for Humanity. Purchases of $100 or more include beverages and a signed book (The Tiny Homes Book) by internationally acclaimed architect Jay Shafer. Tickets at Brown Paper Tickets or Gaia’s Garden.

ENTERTAINMENT
    Sandy and Richard Riccardi – Petaluma-based internet sensations for their clever political parody songs, including “The Boy from Mar-a-Lago” and “Cofefe. Rosie O’Donnell has called them “My favorite new singer-songwriting team” Their bios follow.

Mary Carouba – Popular Sonoma County stand-up comedian, author, humorist and playwright whose works include co-authoring a book on women heroes of 9/11.

Muggs Muggles: has been delighting Bay Area audiences on street corners, in sundry bars and dives, as well as radio and television for over 3 decades with his eclectic repertoire, irreverent demeanor and mellifluous bass/baritone. Simply accompanied by his pulsing acoustic guitar (or 1 stringed Gutbucket Bass) and awesome homemade kazoo, Mugg evokes distant eras of Prohibition Speakeasies, Minstrel Shows, Juke Joints, House Rent Parties, Barn Dances and Sock Hops.

Tiny Houses For Humanity Campaign is headed by River King, Sonoma County homeless advocate. Overwhelmed by how much money is being spent on shelters, day centers, and emergency room visits that are keeping individuals and families alive but unwell, she has partnered with Jay Shafer, pioneer of the Tiny House Movement. He has recently announced his willingness to use his international reputation as architectural genius and Tiny House creator on behalf of the Bay Area's local housing crisis. Jay will be creating 5 new designs that will accommodate both small families and individuals. Tiny Houses for Humanity will be working with teams of volunteers from Habitat For Humanity, Sonoma State's J.U.M.P., and others to help with building these Tiny Houses in order to wrap local displaced residents in the love and support that we are all deserving of.

Other social media sites: FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    River King
    (707) 535-6725
    [email protected]
    https://www.hatchfund.org/project/ti...s_for_humanity

SANDY AND RICHARD RICCARDI (Headliners)

With over 5 Million views on YouTube, pianist Richard Riccardi and his third and final wife, Sandy, will have you in pain with laughter. That is their goal. Sheer pain. As if you need any more pain. Their blend of Tom Lehrer, Victor Borge, Madeleine Kahn and PDQ Bach, or, if you will, Captain and Tenille, Nichols and May, George Burns and Gracie Allen will have you nostalgic for the good old days when you had to lick stamps and untangle the phone cord. Cabaret Scenes Magazine calls it "A Musical SNL...One helluva rib-tickling and satisfying night out!"

Richard has played for such megastars as Tom Jones, Joel Gray, Martha Raye, and Pinchas Zuckerman. He was the associate conductor for the Third National Broadway Tour of "Annie". He has played with the San Francisco Symphony, the San Francisco Opera and the San Francisco Ballet.

Sandy Riccardi was called back for a ton of Broadway shows, Well, maybe not a ton but, like, four. Or was it three? Her first acting role was telling the NYC restaurant manager she had waitressing experience. This rapidly backfired with a tray of frozen strawberry daiquiris going down some customer's shirt. Some people get really touchy about stuff like that. She got her MM from Manhattan School of Music and did quite a bit of regional musical theater. Favorite roles include Maria in The Sound of Music, The Baroness in The Sound of Music, and Gretyl (at age 8) in The Sound of Music or "The Trifecta" as it's known. Also Lily in The Secret Garden, Marian the Librarian, and The Beggar Woman in Sweeney Todd. She is now far too old to play any of them and is looking forward to all those juicy roles that start with "Aunt" so and so.

Richard and Sandy started their YouTube career with their first political parody getting over one million views within two weeks. it was called "Hockey Mama For Obama, aka 'Don't Speak For Me Sarah Palin'". They have never looked back. They mostly write non-political songs about the joys growing older and the perils of marriage. No, wait. I meant the joys of marriage and the perils of growing older. At least I think that's what I meant. Menopause brain. Sorry. Standby.

Here's what people are saying on YouTube about Sandy and Richard Riccardi:
    "Hot and sexy with a great amount of cleverness."
    "Too freakin’ funny."
    "Really BRILLIANT satire - some of the best I've heard since since Tom Lehrer was in his heyday."
    "For intelligence, wit and musicianship, this is at the top."
    "VERY entertaining, VERY strong, VERY moving."
    "I laughed so hard I thought my ribcage would explode."

Benefit for Tiny Houses for Humanity

Menu
    Soup – Choice of
    Mango Gazpacho Yellow Split Pea Dahl
    Salad
    Grilled Stone Fruit with Arugula, Pistachios and Vinaigrette
    Entree – Choice of
    Deconstructed Raviolo:
    House-made pasta sheets with a kale/mushroom filling and a basil, butternut squash sauce
    (2016 Gold Medal winner at the Sonoma CountyHarvest Fair!)
    OR
    “Crab “ Cakes (vegan and gluten-free) with house-made tartar sauce and lemon, Asian slaw and sweet potato fries
    Dessert – Choice of
    Berry Cobbler Chocolate Mousse
    Everything is vegan! Beverages sold separately

Last edited by Barry; 06-15-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email