Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    beshiva

Re: What's with alll the Lynda Hopkins signs?

i'm gonna make this brief. what planet are You ON!? Tim endorses Noreen but his people are gonna vote for Lynda- Because? it is so Republican to say something enough times it becomes the Truth--ok, keep dreaming.

Lynda has NO Experience- no vision- and started prematurely to get into an office that she knows so little about.Personally, i have been around the BOS for the last three years (alot) and i Never have heard of Lynda Hopkins.

And, she clearly has no understanding of the cost of Law Enforcement and how much LE has sucked the life out of taxpayers with lawsuits that have amounted to millions over the past decade. they are like a vortex. Does she even care to stand up to a thug Sheriff or will she be lockstep like her compadres up there, especially Efren. i suppose so, and maybe a lot of people don't care but when 51% of Budget goes to Justice Services and you whine about pensions, i have to think this huge distraction is either because you want it to be a distraction or you just don't really grasp the problem(or i mean Lynda Hopkins doesn't grasp the Problem).

and to speak of Efren as if he is some respected icon the 5th District couldn't do without, you have got to be kidding- people Do Not Like Him- and that's why he didn't have a chance and stepped aside because He had no choice.

ok Tom- have a nice 3 day down time.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by riverosprey: View Post
    ...about 2/3 of Tim's sign locations will not allow Noreen's signs on their property, I think most of Tim's supporters will vote for Lynda....
    Last edited by Barry; 09-06-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #32
    scamperwillow

Um I think you are confused. It is Hopkins that is having these town hall meetings. Please come to one of our events and meet Noreen. I think you will be impressed.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    ...[Noreen] offers themed town hall meetings as the way to meet constituents as a supervisor. Yuck!
    Last edited by Barry; 09-06-2016 at 11:23 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #33
    beshiva

neither candidate has commented publicly about the promotion of Erick Gelhaus.
    guess it is too touchy to openly take a stand against Sheriff Freitas.
    Another lawsuit which will cost our County taxpayers millions of dollars. Probably will wind up being the largest payout of any Deputy misconduct lawsuit to date. But, let's talk about pensions till those cows come home.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-06-2016 at 11:46 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #34
    sohemi

No Barry, I disagree with Tom that Lynda will win and Noreen will lose. I was very proud of Tim's showing in the election. I believe he could have been in the top two with greater financial backing.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I presume you are referring to Tom's assertion that "Tim Sergent most assuredly got third place".

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #35
    photolite

From today's P.D.

Attacks on Hopkins
    EDITOR: The letter from Thomas Morabito (“For the 99 percent,” Letters, Aug. 28) reaches a new low in the rhetoric and disinformation that has characterized the campaign against Lynda Hopkins. Since her opponents cannot find anything to criticize about what she has to say, they have resorted to fear and smear.

Hopkins is a progressive Democrat, as are most of her active supporters. She is an environmentalist and small farmer with a degree in land-use planning. She supports environmental protection, urban boundaries, affordable housing and supportive services. These are not agenda items of “the 1 percent.”

She was not hand-picked by anyone. She decided to run because she believes that she can be part of a better and fairer Sonoma County in the future. She’s received support from local business because she is smart, pragmatic and eager to work with everyone.

Noreen Evans is the candidate with the history of questionable financial support, including big energy, big pharmaceuticals, Indian gaming, payday lenders and wineries. True, she was in the state Legislature where this type of support is more common than we would like. But it is a disingenuous irony that her campaign accuses Hopkins of being controlled by interests that Evans has represented in the past.

SAMANTHA NICHOLS
    Santa Rosa

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #36
    beshiva

Just curious, but has either Hopkins or Evans commented publicly about the promotion of Erick Gelhaus? I haven't heard anything. My guess is that, just like ALL the elected officials in Sonoma County, they won't talk about it publicly.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #37
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    Um I think you are confused. It is Hopkins that is having these town hall meetings. Please come to one of our events and meet Noreen. I think you will be impressed.
    Both candidates are hosting "Town Hall Meetings" which I think is great!

Upcoming events for Noreen are here, including one on Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 05:30 PM at Open Sky Retreat Center outside of Sebastopol (RSVP required).

Lynda's events are here, including one in Sebastopol on Wednesday, September 14 at the Grange

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #38
    beshiva

hmmm-lynda is an environmentalist -why because she is an organic grower but then is supported by the Wine (dirty) Industry that has dumped more pollutants on our County, hundreds of thousands of pounds of it- how does she make that balance out with her campaign promise to "work" with the Wine Industry standards, etc.
    She Is most definitely propped up by Efren and his cronies- As if Efren has the right to bash Noreen- he is simply angry with Noreen, has been forever because she didn't support him, got his feelings hurt, so began bashing her and her record- and That's the smear and fear campaign i guess you might be talking about!
    lynda has a degree- which she has done nothing with- but she has a Degree - SO

Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    From today's P.D.

Attacks on Hopkins
    EDITOR: The letter from Thomas Morabito (“For the 99 percent,” Letters, Aug. 28) reaches a new low in the rhetoric and disinformation t...

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #39
    scamperwillow

Actually Noreen is not doing Town Hall Meetings, but she does have lots of events - many Meet and Greets which are more intimate ways to get to know her.

Both candidates are hosting "Town Hall Meetings" which I think is great!...

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #40

Is "pals" the same as being on someone's payroll scamper?

I didn't mean that to be a smear that Lynda and Tom and Efren are pals. Isn't it true? Tom and Efren have both endorsed Lynda. Efren's county staff person is Lynda's treasurer. Tom clearly supported Lynda all through the debates. I just see that as fact. I wonder why you consider it a smear. And I really wonder why you call it an unfounded accusation......I think it is pretty well founded.

Noreen is proud of her associations, I would think the other candidate would be too.

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #41
    scamperwillow

Nope - I doubt Efren or Tom are on Lynda's payroll.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dick: View Post
    Is "pals" the same as being on someone's payroll scamper?

22. TopTop #42
    luke32

Hi Beshiva -
    Say, I'm relatively new here and still in the learning process. Could you elaborate on "hundreds of thousands of pounds" of pollutants dumped on us by the wine industry?

Thanks in advance.

23. TopTop #43
    scamperwillow

This Sunday, Sept. 11, you can meet Noreen at the Jenner Community Center from 4:00 to 6:00. Nice day to visit the coast!

Actually Noreen is not doing Town Hall Meetings, but she does have lots of events - many Meet and Greets which are more intimate ways to get to know her.

24. TopTop #44
    Ann Onimus

Jesus you are ignorant...Efren never stopped working. Roads are being paved, parks are being built (Evans apparently takes credit for Andy's Unity Park when she had zero, zilch, nada to do with any of the acquisition or funding) and our beaches are still free...you are drinking some damn foolish Koolaid. NE's brilliant pension scheme alone is enough to disqualify her - invest it in affordable housing, bankrupt the fund, and betray the workers that support her - or she is just that uninformed after all those years of service
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by beshiva: View Post
    ...Efren has been the lame duck Supervisor since the day ...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-07-2016 at 10:49 AM.

25. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

26. TopTop #45
    Ann Onimus

Ummm, Noreen's are fundraisers and "meet and greets", not town halls...just to clarify. Lynda's are public meetings hosted by the campaign and open to anyone.
    Both candidates are hosting "Town Hall Meetings" which I think is great!...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-07-2016 at 10:31 AM.

27. TopTop #46
    photolite

If they're not on her payroll, they must go out and have a beer together occasionally. That's what we'd do if they were my pals.
    Nope - I doubt Efren or Tom are on Lynda's payroll.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-07-2016 at 10:32 AM.

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #47
    rossmen

Hey Noreen helped get air guns fully orange, and they both lip service to police accountability. But to challenge the state monopoly on violence which protects property value and excludes Other? Pick your battles beshiva cause Gelhaus is gold, he gets the job done, any pol who throws down on this one, will be quickly gone.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by beshiva: View Post
    neither candidate has commented publicly about the promotion of Erick Gelhaus. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-07-2016 at 10:34 AM.

30. TopTop #48
    rossmen

The town halls are what Noreen has promised if she wins. Of course both are stumping now.

31. TopTop #49
    SerpentDove

Its good to learn about the wine industry and Hopkins connection. That's enough to move to Noreen, thank you. CJ aka SerpentDove

32. Gratitude expressed by:

33. TopTop #50
    jbox

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SerpentDove: View Post
    Its good to learn about the wine industry and Hopkins connection. That's enough to move to Noreen, thank you. CJ aka SerpentDove
    LOL, pretty shallow analysis.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2016 at 03:23 PM.

34. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

35. TopTop #51
    photolite

Right. They keep repeating "Hopkins, Wine Industry" often enough and some folks just assume it to be true. Ironic to observe the "progressive" faction following the Trump template so assiduously.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    LOL, pretty shallow analysis.

36. Gratitude expressed by:

37. TopTop #52
    jbox

Right. They keep repeating "Hopkins, Wine Industry" often enough and some folks just assume it to be true. Ironic to observe the "progressive" faction following the Trump template so assiduously.
    Someone should ask Noreen Evans if she is against the "wine industry" and see her try to squirm her way out of that one. I bet her position and Hopkins position are virtually identical.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2016 at 03:24 PM.

38. Gratitude expressed by:

39. TopTop #53
    beshiva

HEY, really- you STOLE my lines basically i just got done saying the Same thing about Tom Lynch! and his rants ad nauseam on pensions and his blind support of Lynda Hopkins. Basically what is OK with Efren is OK with Tom Lynch.
    so i think you got the Trump template wrong-that goes with Hopkins campaign.
    However, what i Will concede too....no matter who gets in, Hopkins or Evans, Will they stand up to the Wine Industry? Will they stand up to the corrupt Sheriff and his Department of Thugs?
    i kinda doubt there will be much push back against them by any Supervisors. One does not usually get on the Board without the support of the Wine or Sheriff in this town.
    So, let's stop kidding ourselves OK.

40. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

41. TopTop #54
    scamperwillow

I think that if you look at the Hopkins financial statements, you will find that 30-40% of her money comes from the wine industry. Another 30-40% comes from development and mining.

Noreen is not "against" the wine industry, she was chair of the wine committee in both the assembly and senate. But she WILL stand up to them and any unreasonable requests - like tasting rooms on the coast for example.

Here are a few interesting statistics from Lynda's recent campaign reports:
    Sonoma County Alliance - $2700
    These three all in one day:
    Silver Oak Cellars - $2894
    Anissa Thomas Fritz - $2894
    Lynn C. Fritz - $2894

Sangiacomo Family Vineyards - $2894
    Redwood Empire Vineyard Management - $2200
    Mary Dewane, Winery Owner - $2894

And there's lots more - you can check it out yourself here: https://campaigndocs.sonoma-county.o...e=0&yearrange=

42. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

43. TopTop #55
    jbox

I think that if you look at the Hopkins financial statements, ....
    Marty, did you know Lynda took a vineyard out of production on her farm to grow other crops? What makes you think she would just bow to the wine industry? Did Noreen bow to her former donors while in Sacramento? No? Well the least you can do is give Lynda the benefit of the doubt until you can say for sure she is owned by big wine. I believe she is not.

Lynda has good original ideas like encouraging the River Corridor and the Coast communities more autonomy and self determination through greater self governance. She wants to allocate TOT tax revenues to the areas they are derived. This will benefit the 5th district. Will Noreen's tired brand of establishment politics do that? I think not.

You think your posts are fact, not smear and innuendo? Maybe all three, but you jump to unwarranted conclusions and that is smear, isn't it?
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2016 at 05:15 PM.

44. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

45. TopTop #56
    sohemi

Yes, and that was originally my idea to levy a higher TOT and then pass it along to the community that raised the revenue. The money was to go to local infrastructure whether that be roads or emergency services. I originally put it forth at the very first Candidate Forum. Both Noreen and Lynda recognized this as a good idea - does not mean it was originally Lynda's. The BOS actually increased the TOT by exactly what I had recommended but was told this was a coincidence. They increased the TOT but allotted the whole amount to the General Fund.

...Lynda has good original ideas like encouraging the River Corridor and the Coast communities more autonomy and self determination through greater self governance. She wants to allocate TOT tax revenues to the areas they are derived. This will benefit the 5th district. Will Noreen's tired brand of establishment politics do that? I think not....
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2016 at 05:17 PM.

46. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

47. TopTop #57
    scamperwillow

I never said she was "owned" by the wine industry. But one has to wonder why the big wineries and developers are pouring (yes pouring!) money into her campaign. I think it is because they are afraid of Noreen - who will stand up for good planning, protecting the coast, open space and community separators - while also planning for appropriate low cost housing. I'm sure Lynda is a nice person and has some good ideas, but I am backing the person with experience and an amazing track record vs. a newbie who is trying out politics for the first time.

...Well the least you can do is give Lynda the benefit of the doubt until you can say for sure she is owned by big wine. I believe she is not....
    Last edited by Barry; 09-09-2016 at 06:01 PM.

48. Gratitude expressed by:

49. TopTop #58

It's been my experience you have to watch who is on whose payroll in this business.

I never said she was "owned" by the wine industry. But one has to wonder ...

50. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

51. TopTop #59
    scamperwillow

Good point. Check out Lynda's Republican lobbyist/consultant.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dick: View Post
    It's been my experience you have to watch who is on whose payroll in this business.

52. Gratitude expressed by:

53. TopTop #60

So are you speaking as a Noreen supporter or employee (contractor perhaps?)?

Good point. Check out Lynda's Republican lobbyist/consultant.

54. Gratitude expressed by: