Hello beautiful community! I am a single mother of two lovely children (9and 11) who were born here in Sonoma county and go to school in Sebastopol at the Waldorf charter. When they were born I found so many amazing opportunities in Sebastopol to start building our loving community. We took classes through the community center and mommy and baby yoga classes in the square where I made many friends whom I still cherish today. Times have been tough and when my marriage ended I wanted to try to keep them here and stable but have found it nearly impossible to do on my own. My tier of close community members have helped me so much but I'm finding that I will not be able to stay here without reaching out to the greater community. I am piecing things together with the jobs that I have as best that I can but its not enough and I need to find another way. Our current system is failing all of us and not many of us can do it on our own. I want to be a positive member of this community and be able to have my kids stay in this beautiful place with the friends they love. I've created a go fund me account to try to raise money to be able to afford to live here. I feel guilty and feels like a form of Internet panhandling but I feel like this platform is a great way for people to be able to help each other out. If enough people give a little it makes a huge difference. If you can donate or share this campaign I would very much appreciate it. Or if you have other suggestions of intentional communities, or work trade opportunities for a family with little experience but a desire to learn and contribute, I dream of being a part of something bigger and creating a sustainable living space for myself and my children. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. Many blessings on you and yours and hopes for a brighter future for us all.
https://www.gofundme.com/29oewg4