Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    knackfordesign

An open letter to the manager/owner of Pacific Market, Sebastopol.

Congratulations on acquiring yet another store and your desire to create an expanded offering to your customers.

I am concerned that your plans would eliminate Cheekos.
    They have been there for what? 22 years- and have been successful! Small, local business does good. Outside, easy access, and quick service draws a lot of customers - who may not want to come inside for their coffee drinks. Cheekos' casual, friendly ambience, and great conversation, is something that can not be replicated.

I would like to suggest that instead of eliminating Cheekos, you supplement it. Offer what they do not. Think of something not now offered in this part of town. Pastries, as you have planned - maybe some 1/2 size, some gluten-free, some fruit-juice sweetened, slices only of pies and cakes... Consider a juice bar - healthy drinks and smoothies. Invite an easy indulgence.

Print discount coupons that Cheekos might give their customers. Create a pleasant outside area to stop and sit in a busy day of errands. I delight in hearing sounds of music wafting in the air. I appreciate that occasional street musicians are allowed to play there. Perhaps invite and encourage even more musicians.

I believe local people would commend you for honoring and working with a small, local, long-standing , successful business.

Paula Swanson
    Last edited by Barry; 04-01-2016 at 08:27 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 10 members:

3. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: An open letter to the manager/owner of Pacific Market, Sebastopol.

Thanks for this post, Paula. I was unaware that my favorite local store was planning to expand. I've always felt that one of Fiesta's strengths has been its neighborly feel which Cheekos certainly adds to. (Based on the tone of your post, I assume Cheekos doesn't want to be eliminated...ie they are not retiring.)

Can you share with Waccoites whether you have emailed the Pacific Market owners with your letter to be sure it comes to their attention? (I am planning to email them myself today.) Thanks!

I really want to encourage Waccoites to follow Paula's lead and stuff the comment box at Fiesta with your thoughts about evicting Cheekos. Fiesta is a local landmark that we want to see succeed....but also, so is Cheekos.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by knackfordesign: View Post
    Congratulations on acquiring yet another store and your desire to create an expanded offering to your customers.

I am concerned that your plans would eliminate Cheekos....
    Last edited by Barry; 04-03-2016 at 08:27 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Xan

Well said, Paula. I will go to the inside comment box as well, but Cheekos is an institution and should be able to continue as they have been contributing to community life for so many years!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    ...I really want to encourage Waccoites to follow Paula's lead and stuff the comment box at Fiesta with your thoughts about evicting Cheekos. ....

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    knackfordesign

Knack for design here. To add clarity to my original post of letter:

Pacific Market is reconfiguring the interior layout of the store: notice the produce section and the prepared food bars. As I understand it, they plan to move the pastry section to the front of the store and to sell coffee drinks inside the store, and at that time Cheekos' lease will be terminated.

I put a hard copy of the letter in the comment box at Pacific Market BEFORE I submitted the letter to anyone else.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2016 at 09:10 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by: