Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    pixeeenation

Poisning happening in Sebastopol..there are Horses, Lamas, Dogs being poisoned..

Some vile monster is poisoning our Sweet Animal Friends (for more detailed information see this Press Democrat article) using "cookies made from Orchids" which is highly toxic! So please be aware that some vile pervert is doing this..hopefully they will be caught before one more Sweetheart gets poisoned. Keep your Eyes open to anyone giving out these "cookies"....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    wisewomn

Re: Poisning happening in Sebastopol..there are Horses, Lamas, Dogs being poisoned..

Correction: That should be "cookies made from oleander leaves," which are highly toxic and readily available. Oleanders are often planted by freeways because they are so hardy.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pixeeenation: View Post
    some vile monster is poisoning our sweet animal friends (for more detailed information see this press democrat article) using "cookies made from orchids" which is highly toxic! So please be aware that some vile pervert is doing this..hopefully they will be caught before one more sweetheart gets poisoned. Keep your eyes open to anyone giving out these "cookies"....

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Shepherd

Re: Poisning happening in Sebastopol..there are Horses, Lamas, Dogs being poisoned..

Following is a link to an article in today's PD regarding the poisoning of animals in our neighborhood.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/5...-to?artslide=0

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Correction: That should be "cookies made from oleander leaves," which are highly toxic and readily available. Oleanders are often planted by freeways because they are so hardy.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Shandi

I wondered about that, and thought it seemed strange. Yes, oleander is highly toxic and available. Thanks for correcting the story.

Last edited by Bella Stolz; 02-25-2016 at 01:03 PM.

8. TopTop #5
    Jennifer Novascone

Yes. Thank you. This story originally started on a Nextdoor.com site in which a friend of mine belongs.

What comes to mind for me is that an animal abuser-murderer equals serial killer in training. I hope people in the area are paying attention to youths who may be doing this. Sorry folks, but we all know that kids have not yet fully developed their capacities for empathy until adulthood. And whoever or whomever is dong this, well, it seems to me they're old enough to know better, but may have missed the boat for learning and intuiting empathy, which is the safety mechanism for preventing harm, right? So I go there first in solving the mystery.

I'd have carefully risked my own safety to have stopped all those murders. Just to catch the person(s) doing this in the act. It all feels so very helpless to not be able to stop it. I really hope the SoCo Animal Officers break this case open soon.

See link below:
    https://www.animallaw.info/article/l...towards-people
    Last edited by Barry; 02-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.

9. TopTop #6
    arthunter

I'm sorry, but I do not believe that this was "kids" ...

I searched for three years when my orange tabby cat was stolen ... some of you will remember my posters all over town and my postings ... I finally received a report that my posters were being taken down in the Russian River area and that the vets over there had been told that the cat had been found .... it was easy to verify this ...

My other two cats were tortured with chemicals sprayed on my property ... though the community didn't believe me at the time, I have three signed reports of other people experiencing the effects of chemicals on my property,.... in fact one woman, a security guard, was taken away in an ambulance one morning complaining of pesticide exposure ... it's all a matter of record ...

I was told by an "activist" at the Progressive Festival that I was being targeted because I was an "artist type" ... who knows, I did report crime in my neighborhood before all of this happened ....

what I do know is that there is something strange and sinister going on in this county ... kids don't create these perfectly formed poisonous cookies ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jennifer Novascone: View Post
    Yes. Thank you.

This story originally started on a Nextdoor.com site in which a friend of mine belongs.

What comes to mind for me is that an animal abuser-murderer equals serial killer in training. I hope people in the area are paying attention to youths who may be doing this. Sorry folks, but we all know that kids have not yet fully developed their capacities for empathy until adulthood. And whoever or whomever is dong this, well, it seems to me they're old enough to know better, but may have missed the boat for learning and intuiting empathy, which is the safety mechanism for preventing harm, right? So I go there first in solving the mystery.

I'd have carefully risked my own safety to have stopped all those murders. Just to catch the person(s) doing this in the act. It all feels so very helpless to not be able to stop it. I really hope the SoCo Animal Officers break this case open soon.

See link below:

Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #7
    Shandi

This seems to support a strong case for detection cameras. If any of the victims had them, we might have more information than we have now. Hopefully, the perpetrators may share their activity with friends, and unknowingly create a trail that leads back to them.

Also, I wonder if any of the victim's guardians have anything in common, besides the obvious, that would make them targets.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jennifer Novascone: View Post
    Yes. Thank you.

This story originally started on a Nextdoor.com site in which a friend of mine belongs.

See link below:

12. TopTop #8
    pixeeenation

That makes sense since SADLY Oleander is extremely all to prevalent ; personally i feel ALL Plants that are THAT toxic should be illegal to sell...although Just to know , i was told it was Orchids at the Sebastopol Vet that has been treating most of the poisoned Sweet Angel Animal Friends.Thank You it is good to know exactly.