Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: The Debates
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theindependenteye

The Debates

I've refrained from comments on the debates, but my friend the Fool offered some perspective (from DamnedFool.com)—

— From the Fool —
    I don't watch TV very much. There's supposed to be funny stuff on, which my friends say, "You should see this because you're a Fool and it's funny so you could be like them and get famous." But mostly I just get scared.

They had on one show, it was supposed to be the candidates. I think it was a bunch of famous comedians — I'd seen some of the faces before — pretending to be candidates and saying real silly stuff and others pretending to be newsmen asking stuff like "Do you want to torture guys?" And then the candidate would say, "You betcha!" and get a big cheer. I guess it was funny if you had certain sense of humor. Everybody's different.

It did get funny when one guy called the other a jerk and the other said the first guy was a dummy. I thought, well, it sounds like the playground in third grade and we're voting on giving these little kids atomic bombs, that's pretty funny. But they didn't really follow it up, like calling each other poopy-head or saying his dad wore a dress.

If they're going to keep on with that show, they'd better get better comedians.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: