Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Darylan

Need Cat loving DOG

I have two cats whom I love dearly. They are indoor only cats and have never met a dog.
    I would love to have a dog again. So I would like to rescue a dog who already knows and LOVES cats.
    NOT to chase them, but leave them alone, until they are ready.

I am pretty sure there will be a dog like this out there, needing a new home.
    I would be ready By December.
    Darylan
    650 438 4837
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    bill shearer

Re: Need Cat loving DOG

Have you looked at petfinders.com? this is a truly awesome resource when you are ready to add a companion animal to your life. All the rescues and shelters list adoptable animals here. Put in your zip code, how far away you will travel to get your pet and what type of animal you are looking for. Then refine your search by age, gender, size, breed etc. what I do next is contact the rescues and shelters close to me that have likely candidates and describe what will be a good fit in our home. The more accurate and detailed you are with your discription the better so they can help you find your perfect companion.
    Then go and meet with the best matches for you with their caregivers and fall for the new love of your life.

I cant recommend this service highly enough! When I was ready to adopt my cats I wrote that I wanted to adopt a bonded pair of Oriental type cats. I have always had Siamese cats in my life, and I love the sleek look and outgoing people loving personality of this type of cat. I did not care about gender, age or purebred but I wanted shorthaired, pointy faced loud mouthed kitties! Petfinders found me a gorgeous pair of Oriental Short Hair sisters and we could not be happier. Then when I was ready for a dog I went back again, writing that we wanted a mature lap dog that would be a companion for a senior lady with Alzheimer's (my mother in law was now living with us). I was looking for a calm, quiet, sweet, gentle couch potato of a dog that was good with cats. Petfinders came through again with my darling little dog Fred who's superpower is staying out of the way( seniors do not need to be tripped!).

There are so many wonderful adoptable animals , your perfect companion is at a rescue or shelter near you!
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: