Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sandy2y

PG&E Tier 1 Usage

I received a call today from some company that wants to give a discount on the ‘Tier 1 Usage’ item on the Gas Charges part of my bill. Apparently, PG&E purchases gas from some company and this is a different company wanting the gas to come from them, at a lower rate. The rate that PG&E charges now for the Tier 1 Usage is $1.06142 multiplied by your therms. This other company would charge $0.397 for the therms. I told them to call back in a couple of days before I would make up my mind. To get this discount they would charge 99 cents per month. It was just a sales pitch, from a company called PEAK 6.
    Has anyone else been contacted and have you switched to the different company, or is it a scam or what? Please advise.

Sandy
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: PG&E Tier 1 Usage

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sandy2y: View Post
    I received a call today from some company that wants to give a discount on the ‘Tier 1 Usage’ item on the Gas Charges part of my bill. ...
    It's mostly a scam. I had some other company come to the door trying to get me to buy their gas. So I told him, not now, later, and went looking online. Yes you can buy your gas from other companies than PG&E. BUT, in addition to the lower priced gas, you are still paying PG&E to use their equipment to get it to your house. And most do their billing thru PG&E so they get to charge for that too. So even though it looks cheaper, it's not. Plus these companies tend to scam in other ways. The guy that came to my door wanted to see my bill. I declined. But some have given info and were signed up without their knowledge, and ended up paying significantly more. Plus it was very difficult to get them to switch you back. Customer service is nonexistent.

I would recommend not going with any changes till you research and look at what reviews they get and complaints. Do your homework.

Jessica
    Last edited by Barry; 08-15-2015 at 06:01 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    sharingwisdom

Re: PG&E Tier 1 Usage

I'm with another gas company that does a better deal than this w/o a monthly charge plus the company is very conscious...Santa Rosa Energy. Jaslyn Morris is the owner and agent and is such a gem to work and talk with. They get the best deal by working with several companies.
    www.santarosaenergyca.com
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Barry; 08-15-2015 at 06:02 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: