Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shepherd

Dog needs part-time companionship Aug. 18-28

My dog Winnie’s Auntie will be away from August 18-28, so I am looking for some part-time companionship for her. Winnie is an attractive, loving, short-haired, trained 45-pound Catahoula leopard hound who is 2 years and 8 months old. She lives on my farm, south of Sebastopol. I need people who can be with her occasionally. Winnie gets along well with little and big dogs and cats, as well as with children. I can send photos of her sleeping with one of her cat friends, as well as other photos.

Even a few hours on some days could help—here, at your place, at the beach, in the dog park, or out on a walk. She needs regular companionship. I could compensate you with some food, services (like gardening), and in cash. A next step would be for us to talk by phone. I can be reached at 707-829-8185 after 7 a.m. and before 9 p.m. Winnie comes with references. You do not need to have experience with dogs, though that would be helpful. To prepare myself for being the human companion to a dog, I learned about them by dog-sitting various dogs. I also can be reached directly at [email protected], though I prefer phone.

Following is what her Auntie Pam wrote about Winnie, who is very alert and capable.

I went to Dillion Beach with Charlie, Winnie and Henry. They were in front of one of the huge boulders that are on the perimeter of the beach. The tide started coming in and came in suddenly with a vengeance. All three were caught between the ocean and the boulder. Winnie dived into the water and started swimming parallel to the shore. She was swimming as hard as could and keeping her eyes on me and then turning her head to Henry and Charlie. Henry had jumped up when the unexpected wave came in and was perched, scared, on the rock's small shelf. He saw Winnie swimming off and followed her as did Charlie. They swam parallel to the shore and then as the water started to go back out, Winnie jumped up and onto her feet and ran to me. Henry and Charlie did the same behind her.

I was so proud of her! Henry and Charlie did not have a clue, but Winnie showed them the way. Needless to say, Winnie got double treats! Pam
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: