Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

THE BLACK LIST: GMO Supporting Food Companies to Avoid, and good labels to look for

"Protect your health and help STARVE THE BEAST by avoiding products distributed by these companies and their subsidiaries."

https://eatlocalgrown.com/article/11...to-avoid.html/

I have to admit that I was bummed to see some brands that I buy on a regular basis, so it's time to get in line with my values.

"Another way to avoid unscrupulous food producers is through an App called Buycott. If you have an iPhone, you can check a product when you're in the store to see what corporate links exist."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    EmeraldMatra

GMO Supporting Food Companies to Avoid, and good labels to look for

I agree with the ''bad'' list but there are some changes to the ''good'' list. Applegate just sold out to Hormel. And Organic Valley has been aligning itself with the Grocery Manufacturing Association to block GMO labeling plus they put wood pulp in some of their products (check the ingredients in their shredded cheese).

Occupy Sonoma County has a great shopper's guide that we update every few months. We try to keep it accurate and up to date but these companies change hands frequently. Our shopper's guide is searchable and you can download a pdf to take to the store with you. The download pdf is in need of an update but the online version is accurate. Buycott is a great app for your smartphone and Fooducate is also good.

Check out our shopper's guide and check back frequently because it changes every few months. I did all of this research myself:

GMO Food Heroes and Health Food Traitors Shopper's Guide
    https://occupysonomacounty.org/?q=gmo-heroes

Love,
    Emerald
    Occupy Sonoma County

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    "Protect your health and help STARVE THE BEAST by avoiding products distributed by these companies and their subsidiaries."

https://eatlocalgrown.com/article/11...to-avoid.html/

I have to admit that I was bummed to see some brands that I buy on a regular basis, so it's time to get in line with my values.

"Another way to avoid unscrupulous food producers is through an App called Buycott. If you have an iPhone, you can check a product when you're in the store to see what corporate links exist."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: