Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    Dixon

Re: Whole Foods Mislabels Prepackaged Items and Overcharges Buyers

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    No Dixon. I am not confused by anything about the New York situation. There were 80 out of 80 mismarked. I made reference to it by saying that I don't know whats going on there (other than what I've read) and even the investigators don't know why it happened, they just know that it happened. Whether it was purposeful or accidental has not been established (proven) yet as far as I know.
    Until such time as you or someone proposes a plausible account for how such unprecedentedly consistent overpricing could be accidental, you will excuse me for assuming it's almost surely a purposeful ripoff. Fair enough?

Quote But that's New York, Not Sonoma County.
    My post was about our local situation because this is where I thought we posted about our General Community.
    I thought My post was very relevant to the discussion as it gives people the awareness that they should be checking their prices and charges everywhere, not just Whole Foods. As far as I know, Whole Foods stores locally have not been accused of cheating like the ones in New York, but I'll bet you could find a mismarked item there just as you probably could at any other store.
    I was just saying to 'Be Aware' and I think that is relevant to the discussion, again, by focusing on 'Local' because I thought that this is where one posts such things.
    My impression was that the original poster on this thread was giving us a heads up about Whole Foods just in case the problem was organization wide and not just a New York problem.
    Tom, thanks for the clarification. You make a good point, though I will reiterate here that the previous $800,000 fine levied against Whole Foods was for consistent overpricing here in California (not sure if it included Sonoma County).

Quote I'm sure you will pick This post apart and correct me (again) where you think I am wrong.
    And That, folks, is why I don't post much on this Board anymore... probably some of you too, eh?
    Tom, let me suggest that, when someone politely disagrees with you, citing specific things you've said, (regardless whether they're right or wrong) and you characterize that negatively as "pick[ing] This post apart", that says more about you than it does about the other guy.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #62
    nicofrog

OH god its the anti W F rant AGAIN!

there was a state wide study about 10 yrs ago that pointed out that stores(all of them) make MILLIONS on bar codes that are incorrect !! (and funny but always in favor of the store,not the consumer!! so check your receipt when you buy!

Andy's often does not put a Label on the shelf! you are supposed to just be rich enough you dont CARE how much it costs !?

big fuggin deal,excuse me,but I don't get exited about this.

WF is just like safe way,all the big phamas ,wall mart etc suks and is corporate and will stay there and SELL LIKE hotcakes while the vegans wave dead bunnies or whatever.( i have a Safeway card)am I letting the world die?

they provide a service

W F cheapest place to get a decent snack in town all the big W F's in Santa Rosa give SAMPLES
    Yum a free light lunch

compelling! and still cheaper than neighboring restaurants ..I even like COSTCO (total free food and just think a PALLET of Round up! wow

We shop at trader Joe's, the DELI at the Yolupa Ave Whole foods is good!
    Oliver's is better all around but is ALLOVER Pricier !

I like the big W F in Santa Rosa at coddingtown FOOD DISNEY LAND but the deli ruins vegetable daily and refuses to notice. Great BREW PUB! if you want to learn about local and other beers and winses

so stop whining! or teach community market that not everybody likes hippy food.
    lentil whatever with ?sauce....I'll pass and just as costly as W F .
    Hate industry? but remember we'd all be groveling without them
    there are too many people to feed

and in SR 3/4 of us are Mexicans and do not even care about all this blather..they shop at Smart and Final and food max and grocery outlett(Used Foods)

did you publish this in spanish?

why do we automatically assume so many things?
    Fads

4. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

5. TopTop #63
    lgr

Bravo! Well put. Much ado about nothing. Well, let's grant that there is a problem. Just one of many "glitches" of the technology that permeates all aspects of modern life. Yes. Take responsibility. Pay attention. Check labels & receipts. And submit complaints to local stores and corporate headquarters. Perhaps constant pressure will encourage them to better monitor and fine tune their system. Perhaps we'll see yet another phone "app" to deal with the problem! There are bigger battles to fight.

Speaking as a consumer who appreciates Whole Foods, a company which despite its flaws, has raised the bar for the food industry and especially the big chains. Speaking as someone one who strives to shop strategically and consciously at WF...at Sprouts ...at Trader Joe's etc..
    Last edited by Barry; 07-17-2015 at 12:15 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: