Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Maxime

Dentist is requiring me to get X-rays

I have been experiencing another version of this coercion wherein the government in collusion with insurance and pharma lobbies have strangled MDs and DDSs: I cannot find a dental hygienist to clean my teeth without an oral exam, or a dentist to provide an exam unless I consent to having x-rays. Used to be I could choose to do X-rays every couple of years and I would still have access to dental care. Now I am being blocked from all professional dental care because I opt out of the X-rays every year.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    There are several sources for this information, some date back to 2010 or before, but I imagine there are more doctors now refusing to accept unvaccinated patients, and are actually "firing" those they've been treating.

If you have unvaccinated children, you may need to find a new pediatrician. But then if it gets mandated, you may be on your own unless you can find a "criminal" pediatrician, or turn to natural remedies. I think emergencies wouldn't be turned away by hospitals.

One source:www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/meet-the-doctors-who-are-rejecting-unvaccinated-patients#.tynlxdnbm

It's also on www.NaturalNews, but many people don't trust this site.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    sharingwisdom

I guess if you are using insurance to pay for dental visits this might be true in forcing the issue. My dentist has never 'made' me get dental xrays. I just sign a form that I'm not doing them and she's fine. It's a liability issue for them. And she's holistic so she understands where I'm coming from.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Maxime Zahra: View Post
    I have been experiencing another version of this coercion wherein the government in collusion with insurance and pharma lobbies have strangled MDs and DDSs: I cannot find a dental hygienist to clean my teeth without an oral exam, or a dentist to provide an exam unless I consent to having x-rays. Used to be I could choose to do X-rays every couple of years and I would still have access to dental care. Now I am being blocked from all professional dental care because I opt out of the X-rays every year.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2015 at 09:13 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Please share who your dentist is; I'm having the same issue with mine. I don't have insurance.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    I guess if you are using insurance to pay for dental visits this might be true in forcing the issue. My dentist has never 'made' me get dental xrays. I just sign a form that I'm not doing them and she's fine. It's a liability issue for them. And she's holistic so she understands where I'm coming from.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2015 at 09:13 AM.

6. TopTop #4
    scamperwillow

Re: Dentist is requiring me to get X-rays

My dentist Dr. Barbieri in Santa Rosa, doesn't require them since I dropped my insurance. They do encourage it regularly and I usually consent about once every three years.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Please share who your dentist is; I'm having the same issue with mine. I don't have insurance.

7. TopTop #5
    newdawn707

Re: Dentist is requiring me to get X-rays

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    My dentist Dr. Barbieri in Santa Rosa, doesn't require them since I dropped my insurance. They do encourage it regularly and I usually consent about once every three years.
    Awe, i hear you.
    Hmm, That is interesting about the insurance requirements and how the dentists may have to follow certain procedures. To protect themselves and to give them more information about your/our case.

I've had to meditate on this issue a few times, for spinal xrays and for the dentist.

What I came up with, that worked for me, is to have the xrays done once, at the dentist, and then they can begin the work. I dont need to have them done again at any intervals. And if I keep the same dentist, they will always have those records so I wont have to take them again as I would of if I moved.

I did the same for the chiropractor. Actually I did it twice, over the years, but I have a condition. I really dont want radiation and am very aware of it and how it can affect people.

However, we need to sometimes weight these things with the benefits of what we are getting out of the procedures..
    Best!