Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    paultous

All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue

Mary Quinn needs $$$ donations, how ever little you can contribute, in order to purchase more kennels and do some repair on some barns. Also, there is a kennel Mary needs to buy, but she needs to come up with $600.00. It used to house a colony of homeless cats that are going to have no where to go soon. (Unfortunately, it looks like someone is picking them off one by one, besides dumping their food and water at the site.) The property is up for sale, so action is needed soon to move move them here to my property and get them out of harm's way.
    I had a virus that came through here and vet bill came to $3,000.00 (which kitty committee has helped with).

Anyway, your kind donation will go towards above work and towards the rescue of 2 dogs that need to get out now. One is a 2 year old black Lab, chained outback, who never has enough food and water. He needs to learn manners and be house trained. (An elderly lady, from what I understand, is going over to give him water.) I'm told he is a kind dog, not neutered, and always happy to see someone.

One other dog is in Sacramento. This dog is a Husky that was found with an imbedded collar the vets had to surgically take out. The woman who took him in keeps him in a car, and with the heat coming back this dog cannot live like that. So I want to go to Sacramento to get him. He is locked up now in the car all day alone. If someone can help sponsor him, I will go get him . I have a kennel that needs some repair but he can stay in that and be safe. They tell me he is a kind dog, and if I don't get sponsors or help for him, I will call animal control as a last resort to go get him. I know its breaking the law, I am sure, but would like to try an alternative route first.

Additionally, I will be taking in 13 cats: some will be sponsored through kitty committe but, although we had a donation yesterday, that will not sustain them long. Will probably take some months to relocate them to a place that has property where they can live and have food supplement.

Please-- anyone that can help with this, please send your donation.

If you want to feed your soul you can send donations to:

AllAboard Animal Search and Rescue
    Mary Quinn
    P.O. Box 7486
    Santa Rosa Ca. 95407

If you need to have a tax write off you can send it to:

Kitty Committee
    P.O. Box 750793
    Petaluma, ca. 94975
    Permant status ( non profit) tax Id.94-33378519
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    helenscott08

Re: All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue

Quote Posted in reply to the post by paultous:
    Mary Quinn needs $$$ donations, how ever little you can contribute, in order to purchase more kennels and do some repair on some barns. Also, there is a kennel Mary needs to buy, but she needs to come up with $600.00. It used to house a colony of homeless cats that are going to have no where to go soon. (Unfortunately, it looks like someone is picking them off one by one, besides dumping their food and water at the site.) The property is up for sale, so action is needed soon to move move them here to my property and get them out of harm's way.
    I had a virus that came through here and vet bill came to $3,000.00 (which kitty committee has helped with).

Anyway, your kind donation will go towards above work and towards the rescue of 2 dogs that need to get out now. One is a 2 year old black Lab, chained outback, who never has enough food and water. He needs to learn manners and be house trained. (An elderly lady, from what I understand, is going over to give him water.) I'm told he is a kind dog, not neutered, and always happy to see someone.

One other dog is in Sacramento. This dog is a Husky that was found with an imbedded collar the vets had to surgically take out. The woman who took him in keeps him in a car, and with the heat coming back this dog cannot live like that. So I want to go to Sacramento to get him. He is locked up now in the car all day alone. If someone can help sponsor him, I will go get him . I have a kennel that needs some repair but he can stay in that and be safe. They tell me he is a kind dog, and if I don't get sponsors or help for him, I will call animal control as a last resort to go get him. I know its breaking the law, I am sure, but would like to try an alternative route first.

Additionally, I will be taking in 13 cats: some will be sponsored through kitty committe but, although we had a donation yesterday, that will not sustain them long. Will probably take some months to relocate them to a place that has property where they can live and have food supplement.

Mary Quinn
    P.O. Box 7486
    Santa Rosa Ca. 95407

Kitty Committee
    P.O. Box 750793
    Petaluma, ca. 94975

I want to add here that I have met Mary Quinn, and many of you may remember her when I was posting for help to save a sweet cattle dog who had been hanging around OLD REDWOOD near the New Kaiser Hospital for a couple of months and then found his way down to where I live.

He, the cattle dog, since named CHARLIE, appeared eager to be friends but was extremely wary so hid out under a resident's house. Mary volunteered to come over a couple of times a day and bring him goodies to eat, always made sure he had water...another woman from the park was also looking after him. Between the two of them, they were able to get the dog into a crate after about two months or more.

Then MARY QUINN took the dog to her home and gave him lots of TLC, had him checked with vet, given all vaccinations, neutered, and microchipped. All at her expense. Subsequently, although she had not planned to have him adopted so early, she found a fellow who had come to look at her other cattle dogs. He fell in love with CHARLIE and adopted him where Charlie has thrived with love.

I always see Mary Quinn's name when an animal is in distress. No matter that she is very ill, and has to make several trips weekly to SF for treatment, she is usually the first one to see what she can do to help an animal who is abandoned or lost, or otherwise mistreated.

I know she is very dedicated, caring and kind. Plus extremely honest and your money will go to the care of the animals. But I am sure she can use all kinds of other help.

If you can't do anything, please PASS ON THIS INFO to all the folks on your lists, asking them to do same. THE MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS SITUATION, the better.

Thanks,

hs

3. TopTop #3
    paultous

The post did not mention Mary's personal contact info for those who are moved by what she's doing and want to respond directly to her. So here goes: dustymaq@sbcglobal / 526-0970.

Mary Quinn
    P.O. Box 7486
    Santa Rosa Ca. 95407

Kitty Committee
    P.O. Box 750793
    Petaluma, ca. 94975

4. TopTop #4
    paultous

Small glitch on the email address. Should read [email protected].

The post did not mention Mary's personal contact info for those who are moved by what she's doing and want to respond directly to her. So here goes: dustymaq@sbcglobal / 526-0970.

5. TopTop #5
    PatW

I have to add to this. The rescue I work with had a tiny dog called Mocha. The day we got him his foster took him to Sonoma to visit his mother/ and little Mocha who is extremely timid got out of his harness. We tried another search group without as much help and understanding that we needed. Our group was in SF. Had no one we knew up there accept our fosters mother who isn't real dog savey. Tho he spent alot of time going back and forth.
    We contacted Mary Quinn and she was fantastic. She spent hours and hours and hours of time in Sonoma... an hour from her home.
    It was very hard work. Hundreds of posters were put up/ many hugh colorful posters, we got calls once or twice a day. Mary mapped where he was being seen. Set traps but wound up monitoring them herself with 2 friends... but mostly it was Mary.
    After 5 weeks she got a call and asked the person to quietly watch him. She bought some store roasted chicken and baited a crate in the area he was seen.... then hid in the bushes with a line tied to the crate. He couldn't resist the smell of the chicken and she pulled the door closed with a string attached to it. Yeh yeh yeh !!!!!!
    Such a miracle !!!
    Thankyou Mary Quinn

6. TopTop #6
    caretaker

This is All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue, we are street dog and cat stray intervention program.

We are also non profit now. 501 (3) C so you can send tax deductible donations to me. We are first and foremost Lost and Found Pets in the Bay Area, we almost always come home with some stray after working a lost pet case, thus we have become rescue also.

We tend to those starved, injured, frightened, and forgotten in the streets, we work hard to get them off I also work with other rescues as Rocket Dog, Nor-sled, to help them recover rescue dogs.

Of course this takes money to keep this going, it can cost me in posters, flyer's, adds in the paper, approx. $500.00. Gas is more and is always the most expensive, I can also put 1000 miles on my car easy, as I did with Mocha, Mocha resides with us at our rescue, Pali, Pat and I decided he would do better here with me, since they didn't have proper foster home, and we were all worried he would get away, I assist other rescues, I don't charge people who are elderly living on SS, or disabled.

I am recently trying to help a dog that was stolen out of a back yard by some thugs, he has been gone over a month, I think with raising funds, and reward money, someone will snitch because they want the money, but with the add in the paper, and the reward, and the flyer's to apply pressure, I hope to have this dog home by xmas day.

These people have suffered much, her husband laid off from automotive industry to take care of is wife, who was diagnosed with genetic blood disorder, she has had 4 heart attacks in the last few months , and has had stints put in her heart, they have 4 children, they are good people and deserve to have there dog back..

Please help me bring home there dog for xmas donate to the return of duke

Please this xmas send your Donations to All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue
    the first non profit for lost and found pets.

All Aboard
    P.O. Box 7486
    Santa Rosa, Ca. 95407

Quote Posted in reply to the post by PatW: View Post
    I have to add to this. The rescue I work with had a tiny dog called Mocha. The day we got him his foster took him to Sonoma to visit his mother/ and little Mocha who is extremely timid got out of his harness. We tried another search group without as much help and understanding that we needed. Our group was in SF. Had no one we knew up there accept our fosters mother who isn't real dog savey. Tho he spent alot of time going back and forth.
    We contacted Mary Quinn and she was fantastic. She spent hours and hours and hours of time in Sonoma... an hour from her home.
    It was very hard work. Hundreds of posters were put up/ many hugh colorful posters, we got calls once or twice a day. Mary mapped where he was being seen. Set traps but wound up monitoring them herself with 2 friends... but mostly it was Mary.
    After 5 weeks she got a call and asked the person to quietly watch him. She bought some store roasted chicken and baited a crate in the area he was seen.... then hid in the bushes with a line tied to the crate. He couldn't resist the smell of the chicken and she pulled the door closed with a string attached to it. Yeh yeh yeh !!!!!!
    Such a miracle !!!
    Thankyou Mary Quinn

7. TopTop #7
    caretaker

This is All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue,, Lost and Found Pets in Sonoma County, and the Bay Area, and now Also non profit.

We bring home alot of lost pets and get them reunited with there owners, there is nothing more rewarding.

We are horse rescue, Horse intervention program, helping document and get help for abused horses, we have camera's and spend hours documenting horses, and getting them out, sometimes it means buying them off, which we do.
    Dog abuse and cat abuse we address, we also buy off abused dogs, that there is no other alternative, sometimes its all thats left in order for them to live ..

We are also Street Dog and Cat intervention program.
    we are building website, and have volunteer help , so its going slow but working on it..
    [email protected]
    All Aboard Animal Search & Rescue.com Offical Site
    We are 501 (3) c tax deductible orginization

you can contact us at
    707 526-0970

or mail
    All Aboard Animal Search and Rescue
    P.O. Box 7486
    Santa Rosa, Ca. 95407