Hello! Miss Judy is a beautiful, super-low-maintenance, mostly outdoor black cat. We adopted her from Forgotten Felines in 2008, so we know she had a history of living outdoors on her own. We recently had to move and, because of my husband's allergies and our new landlord, couldn't take her with us. Now she needs a new home in the country. She's a great hunter -- we never had any problems with rodents after we adopted her. Also, she is affectionate and full of personality. She even goes for hikes with us around our property or to the redwood grove down the street! She's used to living with dogs and isn't afraid to stand her ground. Best of all, we have never had to have a litter box -- she relieves herself outside. In the 6.5 years we've had her, she has never required vet care.

Background: Because of my husband's allergies, we intended for her to be a fully outdoor barn cat. However, she snuck inside any chance she got, and eventually I came home from work one day to find her napping on the couch -- my husband had finally given up the battle and let her in. Since then, she has come and gone as she's pleased (at the expense of my husband's respiratory health…). In the summer, she often sleeps outdoors, but in the winter, she prefers to be inside at night.

She will make a wonderful new, easy-peasy pet for the right person or family. If you adopt her, we will be happy to give you a year's worth of food to get her started. She is currently at our ranch in Bodega and is available for adoption asap. Please email me with any questions. Thanks for your consideration.

Kristen