Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    hawaiianiris

Please help with Debi's Brain Surgery

Hi wacco friends- Im really hoping you can help.. I have been a member of wacco since day one and love wacco for many reasons, especially because most of us are kind caring people so I’m really hoping to show my best friend Debi that people in the world really do care and she can go into her surgery not worrying about anything especially her houseful of fospice animals..

So here’s our story:

My best friend debi will be going to UCSF next week for very invasive 12 hour brain surgery for a serious brain tumor. She had brain surgery for this tumor 2 years ago and it has come back worse.This is very scary for her and her family. Debi does fospice dog and cat care and is having a hard time leaving her babies. She lives on Social Security Disability and is the kindest person in the world.

Her brain tumor is getting worse everyday and she is very ill from the incredible pain that words can’t describe and symptoms from this horrible brain tumor.

Debi’s wonderful partner Sonja just set up a crowdfunding page www.gofundme.com/h051ho in order to help get the funds for equipment Debi will need before and after the surgery which is scheduled for Dec 17 at UCSF. I am planning on being at UCSF with her before and during the surgery.

I would like to make this offer to my wacco family:

I make jewelry and have been making my jewelry for over 15 years. Many people in the community know me and love my jewelry and have bought my jewelry over the years. I have donated over 500 of my magical dream bracelets to different fundraisers around Sonoma county, many for people I didn’t know. Our Magical Dream bracelets are sold at the Center for Spiritual living. We also make pink ribbon bracelets that we have sold and donated to many women. I also make bottlecap jewelry and have been sitting in front of Olivers market fundraising for Debi with my SF Giants bottlecap jewelry (bottlecap earrings, necklaces, magnets, bracelets, stickers and dog tags) I have done very well with the Giants sale and was able to help debi to get to UCSF for the initial consultation.

Well the weather is too cold and rainy to sit outside Olivers, so Im offering to my Wacco friends, if you donate to Debi to help her through her go fund me page, www.gofundme.com/h051ho, I will give you the same amount in my jewelry. I have some great items which would make great Christmas presents, especially those Giants fans. This way you have holiday gifts for you or someone else and Debi will be able to not stress about getting here over the weekend for her very scary surgery. (Any amount donated will be greatly appreciated, every dollar means the world to us)

Debi’s crowdfunding page is www.gofundme.com/h051ho -- And please share this with others who may want to help this wonderful lady. Oh Debi just turned 50 a few days ago, so this would be the best birthday and Christmas present to her to hit to crowdfunding goal by the weekend. I am determined to meet and exceed the present $$$ goal. Thank you for helping me make this happen for Debi...

Again a BIG THANK YOU wacco family and I wish you the healthiest and happiest holiday season every. love Janise

Please email me or call me so we can set up a time to get your jewelry to you. If you work in an office I could come and bring the bracelets and Giants jewelry and all sales will go to help Debi..... 707-843-3445.

This picture is of Debi (Debi is in the back of the picture and her partner Sonja is in the front of the picture) and several of their beautiful fospice rescue dogs.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    dancingstar

Re: Please help with Debi's Brain Surgery

Do you have an address where donations can be sent so that all of the money goes towards Debi's needs? I have been a recipient of this type of fundraising and know that there are people who either do not want to give any personal financial card/account #s on-line, or who would like to see all of the money go towards the need. Please post, if so. My very best wishes, thoughts and prayers for a wildly successful outcome. And what a dear friend she has in you!

Judy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hawaiianiris: View Post
    Hi wacco friends- Im really hoping you can help.. I have been a member of wacco since day one and love wacco for many reasons, especially because most of us are kind caring people so I’m really hoping to show my best friend Debi that people in the world really do care and she can go into her surgery not worrying about anything especially her houseful of fospice animals..

So here’s our story:

My best friend debi will be going to UCSF next week for very invasive 12 hour brain surgery for a serious brain tumor. She had brain surgery for this tumor 2 years ago and it has come back worse.This is very scary for her and her family. Debi does fospice dog and cat care and is having a hard time leaving her babies. She lives on Social Security Disability and is the kindest person in the world.

Her brain tumor is getting worse everyday and she is very ill from the incredible pain that words can’t describe and symptoms from this horrible brain tumor.

Debi’s partner Sonja just set up a crowdfunding page www.gofundme.com/h051ho in order to help get the funds for equipment Debi will need before and after the surgery which is scheduled for Dec 17 at UCSF. I am planning on being at UCSF with her before and during the surgery.

I would like to make this offer to my Wacco family:

I make jewelry and have been making my jewelry for over 15 years. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 12-10-2014 at 12:38 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Dixon

Please assuage my curiosity: What does "fospice" mean?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hawaiianiris: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 12-10-2014 at 12:41 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    AllorrahBe

"Fospice" is a term to indicate a shelter animal has a lifelong condition that makes it unadoptable. Sometimes, it's just age and general condition. So, these animals are cared for at the Humane Society and there is a special Fospice Team that seeks out Foster Parents for those animals in a Hospice situation... they need help until they pass, whether that be sooner or later.

I have a 3-year-old Fospice cat who was born with a stricture between her lung and heart. It was not something that could be operated on. That meant she was not adoptable by H/S standards. That meant she would have to live in a cage at the shelter all her life, unless a volunteer could take her and give her a home as long as she lives. The vets did not know if she would live 5 minutes, 5 years or what. She's doing fine; the light of my life!

The really cool thing about having a Fospice animal is, H/S pays for all her expenses! Her shots, food, litter, mani/pedi every month, everything I need for her except her treats and toys.

A win-win-win all around!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Please assuage my curiosity: What does "fospice" mean?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-11-2014 at 12:40 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

9. TopTop #5
    hawaiianiris

hi Judy- wow thank you so much for your kind words. Debi will be leaving Oregon on Saturday and they have to do the trip in 2 days, because of the brain tumor she isn't able to fly or really drive so she has to wear a special brace and make many stops. I'm thinking of the best way for you to send a check so I can get it to them before the surgery, the money is needed now with the fundraising for current needs. She needs to take care of her fospice animals while she is here and also special equipment needed for the drive and after surgery, the previous surgery left her with constant vertigo, so I know she needs a special walker to help with the vertigo that will come with the surgery next week. It is all so sad and complicated for before and after the surgery, she will be in 2 -12 hour days Monday and Tuesday for pre-op then 13 hour brain surgery on wednesday and she also has severe fibromyalgia. And I know their heater in their house just broke and they will definitely need to have a new heater when she gets home especially since they live in Oregon where it is freezing right now.

So I truly thank everyone who is helping taking some of the stress off debi as she fights for her life next week, She says she has many animals and people to still help In Her life, she also does human hospice volunteering as well as dog and cat fospice and she still has a long battle ahead of her when she gets out of surgery. Please know that she is so greatful and thankful for everyone of you who are helping either through go fund me or with a personal check...

I think the best way to deal with a personal donation would be if you can call me and we can meet and I will make sure she gets the money the Moment I see her on Sunday. My number Is 707-843-3445.
    With all our love
    janise and debi

Ps I will continue to give updates as things progress through the surgery next Wednesday.

10. TopTop #6
    hawaiianiris

Hi Allorrah- thank you so much for the great description about fospice animals.
    How are you. This is jewelry janise. I haven't seen you in so long. I still have a pair of your earrings 😍

I'm so glad to hear you have a wonderful fospice. Debi has a few cats and dogs and they are her world, they are what helps her get through some very hard days..

I know you do some powerful prayer work please pray for debi. We will need lots of prayers in the next week to get through this.
    Hope I can see you soon. Love janise

11. TopTop #7
    hawaiianiris

Re: Please help with Debi's Brain Surgery-update

Hi - I wanted to give a quick update on my best friend debis brain surgery. We are so close to our go fund me goal. Thank you to everyone who has helped by donating and praying for a good outcome to the surgery.

Surgery is on Thursday at Ucsf. We met with the brain surgeon today- The surgery will be 14 hours. It will be a rough surgery, with some very hard side effects. He is an amazing kind doctor and I am so blessed to be able to be here for her at our cute hotel near the beach. Tomorrow is the last day of pre op and we will be going to spend time at Muttville Senior Dog Rescue to cheer Debi up tomorrow before the last MRI's.

Debi is so positive and in great spirits tonight.. She is amazing and very courageous..Please send great healing thoughts and energy to us for the next few days. I will type updates on Thursday.

www.gofundme.com/HO51ho
    love Janise