Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    JillWLowry

Italian Girl and German Boy - Help

Dear Wacco Family,

I am in urgent need for two host families who would be interested in hosting temporarily or for the full-school year, either a bubbly Italian girl or a great young man from Germany. Beatrice from Como, Italy is 16-years old, has played the violin for 9-years, and is happy and very friendly. Simon is polite, great with kids (he is a class "Godfather" and supervises 35-fifth graders, helping them with home work, etc), and loves soccer and snowboarding.

I have only ten-days left to find both of these great kids host families. If you are able to share meals, and provide either shared or private accomodations, are curious and loving, and would love to learn German or Italian...........I could really use your help. Please contact me for profiles on either Beatrice or Simon. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Please consider making a small contribution towards world peace by opening your home to one of these awesome kids.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    SJackson

Re: Italian Girl and German Boy - Help

Could you provide a bit more info - how long is their stay, will they be attending school and if so, where, when are they due to arrive? Thanks!
    Last edited by Barry; 08-10-2006 at 10:02 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    mellowreddove

Re: Italian Girl and German Boy - Help

Have you found a place for Beatrice yet? Where will she be going to school?
    sharon.
    Last edited by Barry; 08-10-2006 at 10:02 AM.

4. TopTop #4
    JillWLowry

One Student Placed on to Go!

Dear Wacco Family,

Re: Host Family Needed for Academic Year Student

Thank you for the response I was able to place the Italian girl in a wonderful home. I still am in urgent need for the German boy however. To recap, Simon is coming for the 2006/07 school year and will attend whatever high school is in his new host family's district. Depending on the distance to his school, he can walk, take a bus (school or public), ride-share with another student, or be driven by the family. He gets along very well with younger kids (he supervises a class of 5th graders). Simon is also kind, polite, and curious about our country's different landscapes. He would make some family a wonderful new son. Please let me know if you could accomodate him, even temporarily.

Host families share meals, provide shared (same gender) or private accomodations, and love and care. Students are medically insured, supervised by me throughout the year, and receive a monthly allowance to take care of all of their other expenses (clothing, entertainment, academic, athletic, etc.). Host families do not need to have large homes by any stretch of the imagination, just a warm and clean home. Students are expected to help with chores, participate in holidays and birthdays, family events, etc.

I get together with my students nearly every month. Host siblings are welcome to join us on our trips. Last year we went to Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Disneyland, and Hawaii. This year we are adding New Orleans and Sacramento. It is truly a fun and rewarding experience for all. Host children of all ages benefit from having an international sibling. The little ones learn languages fast, middle-schoolers learn tolerance and openmindedness, and peers learn how to look at the world with curiosity and without fear or judgement. I look forward to hearing from someone who can open their home and heart. You would put him on :cloud9:

Warm Regards,
    Jill Lowry
    Last edited by Barry; 08-10-2006 at 10:24 AM.