Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #91
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: Defending Palm Drive

Sprint made the signs I brought to the last meeting (Open/Save Our Hospital), and did it in a hurry for me...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by John Eder: View Post
    I received a card in the mail inviting me ....
    Last edited by Barry; 06-07-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #92
    bsmith

Mr Eder,
    With all due respect, as a city council person in Sebastopol I hope that you will begin to lead by example. Rather than continue the negative, biased attacks please help find a solution to reopen our emergency room. People are dying while the pettiness continues.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by John Eder: View Post
    I received a card in the mail inviting me (okay, inviting "Local Postal Customer"...) to the Palm Drive Health Care Foundation meeting this coming Monday evening at the Community Church of Sebastopol. I appreciate the invitation, and I intend to attend.

I was disappointed, however, to see that this mailer was produced by PrintingCenterUSA.com, based in Great Falls, Montana.

What ever happened to GO LOCAL?

During my campaign for City Council, I used Sprint Copy Center in downtown Sebastopol for my literature. They offered excellent service from great people at surprisingly competitive rates. They are an amazing local privately-owned business, and a member of GO LOCAL. It doesn't get any better. Find them at: https://sprintcopycenter.com/

For mailing services, I had to leave town for Santa Rosa. Here I used AD-Vantage Marketing, Inc. They are another local, privately-owned business that provides excellent service at great rates. Find them at: https://ad-vantagemarketing.com/

I believe that it is important to keep our money in our community and help employ our friends and neighbors as much as possible.

Recycled paper/card stock would help out Mother Earth as well.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-08-2014 at 02:13 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #93
    Sciguy

In a recent posting, bsmith accused Mr. Eder of mounting a "negative, biased" attack because Mr. Eder begged people to Buy Local when printing flyers.

In my opinion, bsmith has it completely wrong. Mr. Eder submitted a positive and openminded and well-justified criticism. Perhaps bsmith would prefer to ignore Buy Local issues, regarding the hospital closure as more pressing. That is surely defensible. But it is not helpful to throw around adjectives like negative and biased when there is no justification for that. Bsmith could have argued for different priorities without resorting to an ad hominem attack which only brings the discussion down. Personally, due to my own experience, I am always suspicious when anyone unnecessarily injects emotionally freighted arguments into a calm discussion.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by bsmith: View Post
    Mr Eder,
    With all due respect, as a city council person in Sebastopol I hope that you will begin to lead by example. Rather than continue the negative, biased attacks please help find a solution to reopen our emergency room. People are dying while the pettiness continues.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 06-09-2014 at 01:02 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: