Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    theindependenteye

Empire at a Bargain Price

Political wisdom from the Fool:

My friend, another Fool, said I’m wrong in last week’s judgment on wise King Solomon. Wasn’t that he had 1,000 wives because he was a letch. He was a statesman. You pump up your empire by marrying other kings’ daughters or sisters or extra wives they want to trade in.

I guess he’s right. Cheaper to add on palace bedrooms than stick a million soldiers all over the world with big bombs and rockets. We could try that.

Might not work for us. Every President would be stuck with the last one’s wives. Women might feel insulted. And would the President have time? And who gets the Lincoln bedroom? And the whole thing about marriage is one-man-one-woman? That didn’t bother King Solomon, but I guess they didn’t have the whole Bible then, or maybe he couldn’t read English.

Other problem being, what if we elect a lady? Will people feel okay with a thousand studs lolling around the Oval Office? All colors? Maybe no suits and ties?

One thought is, bring back Kings. It might save more money. Rich guys have to buy a President every four years, whereas they’d have twenty or thirty years to shop for a King. Course, some Kings were stupid or bad, unlike Presidents.

I’m not real up on politics. If I was I could drive a taxi or be a plumber maybe. They have well-thought-out opinions. I see stuff sideways.

But it costs a lot of money to rule the world, and the world never says thank you, the bums. So maybe sideways is a better way to look at it. If all of us Fools got together, we could assemble one brain among us, and it might poop out the answer.

(Channeled by Bishop & Fuller at www.DamnedFool.com.)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: