Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #91
    Dr Pam

Re: Is Handwriting Analysis valid?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dane Christensen: View Post
    Pam,

I'm really impressed that you've taken the time to look into this question in such depth! And even so, as you've stated you've really just grazed the surface. ....
    I do several Medline searches a day on various topics, so it is no big deal for me. The list of five abstracts on graphology was far from exhaustive. Those are the ones indexed on Medline that came up when I put in "graphology and personality." Varda had reams of artcles, many of which were outdated or irrelevent. But for all I know, there could have been a truly convincing demonstration in one of those articles from the 1940s. It would still have to pass the test of replicability.

Micro expressions probably will be real science one day, and advertisers will use it to decide which commercial to broadcast to the implant in our brain.

Are there other ways of knowing things besides the scientific method? In all likelihood, there are. We cant put them to any kind of rigorous test, so we can never know for sure of their validity.

We are getting into epistemology and noetics. Those waters are muddy and deep, but certainly worth the risk of drowning.

Pam
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: