Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    gypsyart14

Looking For Mechanic For Unique Project

I recently bought a unique teardrop trailer, and I'm planning to fix it up like a Gypsy caravan to take to events and sell things (I'm calling it the Curiosity Caravan). I have been working on the artistic part of it, but I really need a mechanically-minded person to help me to make it roadworthy. Someone who is interested in my project would be best, as I will probably always need to have someone like this available.

An interest is key, because right now I am working on a tight budget and until my project gets off of the ground I won't be bringing in any money from it. I would definitely like to pay someone a decent amount for work done, but it would help to find someone who is looking for an interesting side job, and can do it for a reasonable price. Someone with an interest in art and creative projects would be great. The right person could become a potential business partner and share in the profits in the future.

The most ideal person would be someone who has a vehicle with a hitch (2" ball hitch) with an electrical hookup. Sometime soon I need to get it to the DMV for an inspection (it's from out of state). Besides that, I don't need to take it anywhere for a while, but I might possibly need it moved in the future. I plan on buying a vehicle myself eventually, or finding a partner who has a good vehicle for transporting it.

The things I need done are: helping make it able to pass an inspection at the DMV, helping get it there, figuring out the electrical in the trailer (either getting the solar panels to run it, or helping me figure out running lights and music with a battery), cleaning or replacing the ball bearings, and anything else that might need to be done (I could be missing some things).

Please contact me (Naomi) if any of this sounds interesting, and you have good mechanical skills, especially with understanding wiring and electricity. And feel free to contact me if you'd like to contribute in any way, even if you don't have all the skills required.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Thad

Re: Looking For Mechanic For Unique Project

I know they were around here for awhile could be still here, I think they were called the Holy Turtle Family.

There might still be a few around.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: