Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    K

Two Beautiful Maine Coon Mix Cats Need to Find Home/Homes

My Beloved Two males 7-8 year old cats need a loving home. They are very sweet cats that I have had since they were kittens in Ashland OR. I have attached photos so you can see how handsome they are.
    They are verrrry similar in looking....Shira is slightly larger then Sheba. They are indoor/outdoor cats, except at night I bring them in. They could be seperated now, as they are males, but would be nice to have them together if possible. I always found it easier to have two cats then one for me.
    Please call if you are interested and I am happy to tell you more about the Joys of the "Boys".....
    Kiah
    707-874-9359
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand   Expand  
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: Two Beautiful Mancoon Mix Cats Need to Find Home/Homes

I am sorry you are having to rehome your "Boys". I would be heartbroken. And I know that you would not do this unless there wasn't a choice. I hope you find someone who is going to love them as well as you have.

Jessica

Quote Posted in reply to the post by K: View Post
    My Beloved Two males 7-8 year old cats need a loving home. They are very sweet cats that I have had since they were kittens in Ashland OR. I have attached photos so you can see how handsome they are.
    They are verrrry similar in looking....Shira is slightly larger then Sheba. They are indoor/outdoor cats, except at night I bring them in. They could be seperated now, as they are males, but would be nice to have them together if possible. I always found it easier to have two cats then one for me.
    Please call if you are interested and I am happy to tell you more about the Joys of the "Boys".....
    Kiah
    707-874-9359

3. TopTop #3
    jesswolfe

Dian,

I agree. Its a horrible situation. But its a sign of the times. Our economy is not at all supportive to normal people. Housing is hard to find and expensive. Its extremely difficult to find places to live that will take our pets. Too many people are in a position where they have no choice but to give up their beloved family members. Its cruel to fault people for trying to do the best they can in impossible situations.

I wish I were in a position to help people who are in this situation but I'm not. All I can do is offer empathy and compassion for the hard choices that people have to make. Its not fair and its not ideal, but its the best we can do.

Jessica

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dian Hardy: View Post
    Problem is that there are at any time hundreds of cats in our county needing a home. I work with rescuers and see such stories every day. Not enough homes for all the cats needing one. An unhappy truth.

4. TopTop #4
    K

Yes free spaying and neutering is the option I can see for reducing the number of pookies out there.
    May more people put this in their living trusts and wills very specifically for FREE spaying and neutering.
    It will help tremendously. Accepting things as they are is always the first step. I appreciate your beautiful compassion and blessings, many thanks!
    K

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jesswolfe: View Post
    Dian,

I agree. Its a horrible situation. But its a sign of the times. Our economy is not at all supportive to normal people. Housing is hard to find and expensive. Its extremely difficult to find places to live that will take our pets. Too many people are in a position where they have no choice but to give up their beloved family members. Its cruel to fault people for trying to do the best they can in impossible situations.

I wish I were in a position to help people who are in this situation but I'm not. All I can do is offer empathy and compassion for the hard choices that people have to make. Its not fair and its not ideal, but its the best we can do.

Jessica

5. TopTop #5
    Barbara

Many people are not aware that Sonoma Humane WILL spay/neuter for free if the owner shows proof of needing such a service. Talk to the people at the shelter, they can direct you. There is no excuse for not having pets fixed when help is here. Doing nothing just adds to the problem.

Our own veterinarian in Bodega Bay fixes local feral cats for free if they are brought in in a cat trap. We raised funds specifically for that purpose. One merely needs to pick up a Hav-A-Heart trap and bring the cat in (after making an appointment, please!).

Barbara

Quote Posted in reply to the post by K: View Post
    Yes free spaying and neutering is the option I can see for reducing the number of pookies out there.
    May more people put this in their living trusts and wills very specifically for FREE spaying and neutering.
    It will help tremendously. Accepting things as they are is always the first step. I appreciate your beautiful compassion and blessings, many thanks!
    K

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

K