Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    treasure

Homeless in Sebastopol

There are 2 or 3 very old unused buildings behind the MRI machine at Palm Drive Hospital.

Does anyone out there have any connections at Palm Drive hospital that might be open to participating in an effort to refurbish those buildings to make them suitable shelters for those among us who are homeless? Or, if the buildings cannot be salvaged, to be demolished and replaced with shipping containers or other low-cost suitable shelters?
    Tara Treasurefield
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    knackfordesign

Re: Homeless in Sebastopol

I would like to circle with others seeking solutions for those in need of shelter.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3

Hello, I am interested in addressing homelessness anywhere and everywhere.

6. TopTop #4
    Thad

I can't stand it no more
    Last edited by Barry; 01-21-2014 at 01:29 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    Shandi

The thoughts, perceptions, observations, and ideas expressed here seem to come from heartfelt conclusions of some potential solutions. This is only a vague proposal, without any real substance, and would take more than an "editor" to bring any of these ideas into third diminsional reality.

Ideas will remain so, until there's a commitment of time, energy, and resources to begin with the first step. Every possibility starts with an idea, which represents primary "creativity". Most of us have experienced many ideas through out our lifetime, and many of those have given way to the priorites of
    living. Some of us have brought those ideas to fruition, and know the steps involved in that manifestation.

My greatest achievement is that I started a business in Hawaii, with no industry knowledge or experience, no money, and no mentor. It actually happened without a plan, and even some resistance on my part. The initial energy came from someone ( a stranger) who suggested the business to me, and continued to nudge me. (in spite of my resistance, based on my lack of knowledge and experience) He asked me to try it for one week, and see what my experience was.

I was working 3 part time jobs at the time. It was 1983, and I was making $5 an hour. I decided to try this business while I still had my jobs, with the intention of proving him wrong. What happened in that week, was a totally unexpected response from a tiny classified ad. My phone started ringing with requests! I said to myself "This must mean I'm in business! OMG! Now what?"

I decided to quit my jobs, and put my energy into this business by studying and learning as I went along. I told myself that if it didn't support me I could always find another job. At that time, I'd gotten every job I'd applied for, and had probably worked for 20 companies in different fields. I was 40 years old, and had never entertained the idea of being in business, though I'd never felt very satisfied with the jobs I'd had. People always spoke of "WORK" as a 4 letter word, so I accepted that people didn't enjoy working; it was just something we had to do.

What I discovered through my business was the "joy" of waking up to go to "work". Each day was creative, and I was making more money that I ever had, providing a needed service to other businesses and individuals. In Hawaii, it's typical for people with Phds. to work as wait staff, or on charter boats, or other tourist jobs. I never had to do that.

My business triggered my creativity in a way I never dreamed possible, and I had more ideas than I could manifest. I was able to develop a few of them, but none of them happened magically. They all took step by step planning and implementation. What helped me was my newly developed entrepreneurial mindset, which was basically "If it is to be, it's up to me".

Thad, what are you willing to commit to, in order to bring your concepts/ ideas to fruition?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    I can't stand it no more

I have been holding this too quiet I wish a magical editor could take everything below this sentence and make it Beautiful in presentation and possible

Many of the homeless today.....
    Last edited by Barry; 01-21-2014 at 01:29 PM.