Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    geomancer

I am the 70s child of a health nut. I wasn’t vaccinated.

https://www.mamamia.com.au/social/va...-unvaccinated/

Amy Parker
    Friday 3 January 2014 11:45am

Amy Parker grew up unvaccinated.

I am the 70s child of a health nut. I wasn’t vaccinated. I was brought up on an incredibly healthy diet: no sugar till I was one, breastfed for over a year, organic homegrown vegetables, raw milk, no MSG, no additives, no aspartame. My mother used homeopathy, aromatherapy, osteopathy, we took daily supplements of vitamin C, echinacea, cod liver oil.

I had an outdoor lifestyle; I grew up next to a farm, walked everywhere, did sports and danced twice a week, drank plenty of water. I wasn’t even allowed pop; even my fresh juice was watered down to protect my teeth, and I would’ve killed for white, shop-bought bread in my lunch box once in a while and biscuits instead of fruit like all the other kids.

We only ate (organic local) meat maybe once or twice a week and my mother and father cooked everything from scratch – I have yet to taste a Findus crispy pancake and oven chips were reserved for those nights when mum and dad had friends over and we got a “treat.”

“How could I, with my idyllic childhood and my amazing health food, get so freaking ill all the time?”

As healthy as my lifestyle seemed, I contracted measles, mumps, rubella, a type of viral meningitis, scarlatina, whooping cough, yearly tonsillitis, and chickenpox, some of which are vaccine preventable. In my twenties I got precancerous HPV and spent 6 months of my life wondering how I was going to tell my two children under the age of 7 that mummy might have cancer before it was safely removed.

So having the “natural immunity sterilised out of us” just doesn’t cut it for me. How could I, with my idyllic childhood and my amazing health food, get so freaking ill all the time?

My mother was the biggest health freak around–she would put most of my current “crunchy” friends to shame. She didn’t drink, she didn’t smoke, she didn’t do drugs and we certainly weren’t allowed to watch whatever we wanted on telly or wear plastic shoes or any of that stuff. She LIVED alternative health. And you know what? I’m glad she gave us the great diet that we had, I’m glad that she cared about us in that way.

But it just didn’t stop me getting childhood illnesses.

My two vaccinated children, on the other hand, have rarely been ill, have had antibiotics maybe twice in their lives, if that (not like me who got so many illnesses which needed treatment with antibiotics that I developed a resistance to them, which led me to be hospitalized with penicillin-resistant quinsy at 21–you know that old fashioned disease that killed Queen Elizabeth I and which was almost wiped out through use of antibiotics).

My kids have had no childhood illnesses other than chickenpox, which they both contracted while still breastfeeding. They too grew up on a healthy diet, homegrown organics etc. Not to the same extent as I did, though, as I was not quite as strict as my mother, but they are both healthier than I have ever been.

I find myself wondering about the claim that complications from childhood illnesses are extremely rare but that “vaccine injuries” are rampant. If this is the case, I struggle to understand why I know far more people who have experienced complications from preventable childhood illnesses than I have EVER met with complications from vaccines. I have friends who became deaf from measles. I have a partially sighted friend who contracted rubella in the womb. My ex got pneumonia from chickenpox. A friend’s brother died from meningitis.

Anecdotal evidence is nothing to base decisions on. But when facts and evidence-based science aren’t good enough to sway someone’s opinion, then this is where I come from. After all, anecdotes are the anti-vaccine supporter’s way. Well, this is my personal experience. And my personal experience prompts me to vaccinate my children and myself. I got the flu vaccine recently, and I am getting the whooping cough booster to protect my unborn baby. My natural immunity from having whooping cough at age 5 will not protect him once he’s born.

I understand, to a point, where the anti-vaccine parents are coming from. Back in the 90s when I was a concerned, 19-year-old mother, frightened by the world I was bringing my child into, I was studying homeopathy, herbalism and aromatherapy; I believed in angels, witchcraft, clairvoyants, crop circles, aliens at Nazca, giant ginger mariners spreading their knowledge to the Aztecs, the Incas and the Egyptians and that I was somehow personally blessed by the Holy Spirit with healing abilities.

I was having my aura read at a hefty price and filtering the fluoride out of my water. I was choosing to have past life regressions instead of taking anti-depressants. I was taking my daily advice from tarot cards. I grew all my own veg and made my own herbal remedies.

I was so freaking crunchy that I literally crumbled. It was only when I took control of those paranoid thoughts and fears about the world around me and became an objective critical thinker that I got well. It was when I stopped taking sugar pills for everything and started seeing medical professionals that I began to thrive physically and mentally.

But not everyone around you is that strong, not everyone has a choice, not everyone can fight those illnesses, and not everyone can be vaccinated. If you have a healthy child, then your healthy child can cope with vaccines and can care about those unhealthy children who can’t.

If you think your child’s immune system is strong enough to fight off vaccine-preventable diseases, then it’s strong enough to fight off the tiny amounts of dead or weakened pathogens present in any of the vaccines.

Teach your child compassion, and teach your child a sense of responsibility for those around them. Don’t teach your child to be self serving and scared of the world in which it lives and the people around him/her. And teach them to LOVE people with ASD or any other disability for that matter, not to label them as damaged.

And lastly but most importantly for me – knowingly exposing your child to childhood illnesses is cruel; even without complications these diseases aren’t exactly pleasant. I don’t know about you, but I don’t enjoy watching children suffer even with a cold or a hurt knee. If you’ve never had these illnesses you don’t know how awful they are – I do.

Pain, discomfort, the inability to breathe or to eat or to swallow, fever and nightmares, itching all over your body so much that you can’t stand lying on bed sheets, losing so much weight you can’t walk properly, diarrhea that leaves you lying prostrate on the bathroom floor, the unpaid time off work for parents (and if you’re self employed that means NO INCOME), the quarantine, missing school, missing parties, the worry, the sleepless nights, the sweat, the tears and the blood, the midnight visits to A and E, sitting in a doctor’s waiting room on your own because no one will sit near you because they’re rightfully scared of those spots all over your kid’s face.

Those of you who have avoided childhood illnesses without vaccines are lucky. You couldn’t do it without us pro-vaxxers. Once the vaccination rates begin dropping, the less herd immunity will be able to protect your children. The more people you convert to your anti-vax stance, the quicker that luck will run out.

This post was originally published Voices For Vaccines (www.voicesforvaccines.org). You can follow them on Facebook here and Twitter here.

Amy Parker is a 37 year old mother of two teenagers, with a new arrival on the way. She was brought up in the idyllic countryside of the Lake District, England by health conscious parents. She currently lives on the Fylde Coast in England where she teaches piano and singing.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-07-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Chris Dec
    Supporting Member

Re: I am the 70s child of a health nut. I wasn’t vaccinated.

Hooray. And another fact that was not stressed in this article is extremely important: if your child is not vaccinated, that increases the chance of an epidemic, which puts ALL children, including those who were vaccinated, at risk of getting the disease. I have a friend who got polio that way. I strongly believe any child who is not vaccinated against these common childhood diseases should not be allowed into a private or public school.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post

Last edited by Barry; 01-08-2014 at 02:54 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    podfish

"I endorse this message." However, in the interest of intellectual consistency - this too is largely anecdotal. It's not intended to be added to one pile while anti-vax articles are added to another and the relative heights compared. It's still valuable to have a counterpoint that challenges some what is now, weirdly enough, conventional thinking about the relative dangers of vaccination vs. "healthful natural" living.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    geomancer

I'm so old that the only shot I got as a child was tetanus. Thank God for that because I went barefoot all summer for many years. The Salk vaccine came out when I was 15 - that year we were all freaked out because there was a Polio epidemic going on in the next town to the west. What a relief.

I hear that anti-vax moms send their kids to chicken pox parties. Setting therm up for shingles in later life they are (a friend lost part of the sight in one eye from shingles).

After a severe bout with the flu 10 years ago I always get the flu shot. The pneumonia vaccination is another good one, especially for old people. This year I got a DPT booster to protect my granddaughters.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #5
    Gus diZerega

I find myself wondering whether there is something about people that forces most to learn the hard way rather than the smart way. Vaccinations saved enormous numbers of lives. I'm a little younger than geomancer, but I remember my parents' relief over the polio vaccine and how antibiotics saved countlesss lives from plague, pneumonia, and so on. Yes- sometimes they were used unwisely, and they can be used more wisely. That's called a record of human history. The smarts ones learn as they go and the stupid ones keep repeating the same old errors.

One factoid that says a lot: only one male child of our Founding Fathers lived to adulthood, John Quincy Adams. These men were a part of the social and economic elite. It is only in relatively recent times that parents could expect to be outlived by all their children.

I'm so old that the only shot I got as a child was tetanus. ..
    Last edited by Barry; 01-08-2014 at 02:56 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #6
    theindependenteye

(Elizabeth Fuller here) --

I haven't seen anything mentioned about the one and only thing that would give me pause these days, regarding vaccinations: the less-than-savory track record of Big Pharma in weighing profit against honest effectiveness. There are plenty of disturbing stories about sloppy manufacture, counterfeits, withholding of potentially disturbing side effects or downright contraindications. I have confidence in the medical side of vaccinations. I do not have such confidence in their corporate exoskeletons. Maybe part of this is having lost my dad to congestive heart failure caused by the medication he took faithfully to control his low-level diabetes in the 1950's and 60's, even though he was doing just fine with diet, exercise, and quitting smoking flat cold. Later, the manufacturer withdrew the product, but not before it withdrew my dad.

12. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

13. TopTop #7
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by theindependenteye: View Post
    I haven't seen anything mentioned about the one and only thing that would give me pause these days, regarding vaccinations: the less-than-savory track record of Big Pharma in weighing profit against honest effectiveness.
    no, you're right. It's pretty sad we have to rely on corporations to act in a beneficent manner.
    But, not that you're implying anything like this, it's not a matter of choosing sides. There's a lot to be suspicious of in our world. Trust is necessary for a variety of reasons, and you're always vulnerable to the consequences of misplaced trust. Problem is, there's never been a totally safe place to put your trust - save for maybe the FSM. But as many have said in various ways, achieving total safety is an illusory goal. In this case, what's denigrated as "mainstream medicine" has the weight of evidence mostly on its side.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-08-2014 at 02:58 PM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #8
    pnicholson

wow. if only we were all willing to submit to the pharmaceutical agenda and mercury and forego nutrition, we could all live an idyllic life such as your glorious children live. obviously, the way to health and happiness is.....
    vaccination.

wait....?

lol.

Last edited by Barry; 01-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #9
    pnicholson

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Chris Dec: View Post
    Hooray. And another fact that was not stressed in this article is extremely important: if your child is not vaccinated, that increases the chance of an epidemic, which puts ALL children, including those who were vaccinated, at risk of getting the disease. I have a friend who got polio that way. I strongly believe any child who is not vaccinated against these common childhood diseases should not be allowed into a private or public school.

it is always the indoctrinated citizens who usher in the police state. we don't even need the military.

if the vaccinations work so well, friend, why would you be so aggressively oriented toward children who do not submit to them? besides, who in god's name would want their children in a state-run school, anyway?

18. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

19. TopTop #10
    geomancer

Herd immunity - vaccinations are not 100% effective, so a certain critical mass is need to stop the spread of infections.

Community run schools are fine if their is strong parental involvement

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pnicholson: View Post
    it is always the indoctrinated citizens who usher in the police state. we don't even need the military.

if the vaccinations work so well, friend, why would you be so aggressively oriented toward children who do not submit to them? besides, who in god's name would want their children in a state-run school, anyway?

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

21. TopTop #11
    sharingwisdom

Your assertions are not science, but corporate, censored media-based.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Chris Dec: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 01-09-2014 at 02:59 PM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

23. TopTop #12
    Chris Dec
    Supporting Member

Another factor: The Center for Disease Control has estimated that over 70% of pertussis infections in babies is caused by adults infected by the bacteria. Adults may not even know they have whooping cough. So maybe more important than getting children vaccinated is to make sure adults who may be in contact with babies get a Tdap booster so they don't infect babies, especially babies who have not yet been vaccinated.

Herd immunity - vaccinations are not 100% effective, so a certain critical mass is need to stop the spread of infections.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-09-2014 at 02:57 PM.

24. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

25. TopTop #13
    pnicholson

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKSe...ature=youtu.be

that's a nice video, sw. i'll pass it on. thanks.

26. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

27. TopTop #14
    Valley Oak

Is there a possible alternative to big pharma, even if that alternative does not yet exist today? Alternatives can be built from scratch. Happens all the time. How do other countries administrate drugs through the medical sector?

If there is a better way, let's talk about it a little bit, and generate some ideas, like brainstorming. How, for example, is the Affordable Care Act going to impact this issue? Obamacare has just started to be implemented and it is going to take a long while before the entire program is in full swing.

At any rate, I strongly support the vaccination of all children. My daughter, unfortunately, has reproached more than once for having vaccinated her. I always stand my ground.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    no, you're right. It's pretty sad we have to rely on corporations to act in a beneficent manner.
    But, not that you're implying anything like this, it's not a matter of choosing sides. There's a lot to be suspicious of in our world. Trust is necessary for a variety of reasons, and you're always vulnerable to the consequences of misplaced trust. Problem is, there's never been a totally safe place to put your trust - save for maybe the FSM. But as many have said in various ways, achieving total safety is an illusory goal. In this case, what's denigrated as "mainstream medicine" has the weight of evidence mostly on its side.

28. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

29. TopTop #15
    Gus diZerega

The issue that is rarely raised in this and in GMO research as well is whether research like this should be funded by corporations or publicly either by government or through philanthropy. Making it impossible to patent medicine might be a start.

The first polio vaccine, by Jonas Salk, was not patented. Salk wanted people protected far more than he wanted money. Victoria Hale (Google her) finally quit working for groups like Genentech because of their twisted priorities and started a philanthropically based health research company in SF. Our agricultural research was once done almost entirely buy ag colleges for the benefit of the people. Universities should be able to get grants for medical research without needing to appeal to private corporations.

Get the institutions and motives behind them in line and the results will be much better. As it is science gets tarred with slime that is generated by corporations.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    Is there a possible alternative to big pharma, even if that alternative does not yet exist today? Alternatives can be built from scratch. Happens all the time. How do other countries administrate drugs through the medical sector?

If there is a better way, let's talk about it a little bit, and generate some ideas, like brainstorming. How, for example, is the Affordable Care Act going to impact this issue? Obamacare has just started to be implemented and it is going to take a long while before the entire program is in full swing.

At any rate, I strongly support the vaccination of all children. My daughter, unfortunately, has reproached more than once for having vaccinated her. I always stand my ground.

30. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

31. TopTop #16
    sharingwisdom

Three things:
    1. This article that you posted initially, I now strongly doubt is legitimate
    in its source.The Amy Parker who supposedly said she had these experiences is more than likely Amy Parker Fiebelkorn - who works for the CDC pushing vaccines. You can find her article page with her photos (https://newsle.com/person/amyparkerfiebelkorn/35014764 and https://d2ttfyrfmig6p1.cloudfront.ne...amy-parker.jpg)... it sure looks like the same woman to me. I will continue to research this as there alot of trolls out there.

Her info...
    Amy Parker Fiebelkorn, MSN, Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC. Telephone: 404-639-8235; E-mail: [email protected].
    Here are more sources:
    https://newsle.com/person/amyparkerfiebelkorn/35014764

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6204a1.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3810923/

Here is another list of her name in papers attached to the ncbi govt page - her name is all over the place in regards to vaccines and not once did she mention this in that blog article
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

2. Here is the deconstructed article Amy wrote https://www.mothering.com/community/...-deconstructed Make sure you check the inconsistencies at the bottom half of the article where it says, "here are several inconsistencies and errors in Ms. Parker’s little piece which also deserve mention."

The Deadly Impossibility Of Herd Immunity Through Vaccination, by Dr. Russell Blaylock [https://www.russellblaylockmd.com/ A board certified neurosurgeon for 25 years]
    Excerpt

https://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/02/18/the-deadly-impossibility-of-herd-immunity-through-vaccination-by-dr-russell-blaylock/

... vaccine-induced herd immunity is mostly myth can be proven quite simply. When I was in medical school, we were taught that all of the childhood vaccines lasted a lifetime. This thinking existed for over 70 years. It was not until relatively recently that it was discovered that most of these vaccines lost their effectiveness 2 to 10 years after being given. What this means is that at least half the population, that is the baby boomers, have had no vaccine-induced immunity against any of these diseases for which they had been vaccinated very early in life. In essence, at least 50% or more of the population was unprotected for decades.

If we listen to present-day wisdom, we are all at risk of resurgent massive epidemics should the vaccination rate fall below 95%. Yet, we have all lived for at least 30 to 40 years with 50% or less of the population having vaccine protection. That is, herd immunity has not existed in this country for many decades and no resurgent epidemics have occurred. Vaccine-induced herd immunity is a lie used to frighten doctors, public-health officials, other medical personnel, and the public into accepting vaccinations.

Community run schools are fine if their is strong parental involvement

32. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

33. TopTop #17
    sharingwisdom

Though we may disagree about vaccines, I appreciate that you were open to laying out a conversation of possibilities other than Big Pharma solutions.

The first thing that comes to mind is:
    Making sure the immunity is working optimally by healthy diets and proper sanitation. Our foods mostly toxify children...obesity and more. And instead of giving 3rd world children vaccines, give them non-gmo'd food, clean water that hasn't been bought by Hershey to sell back to them or hasn't had Chevron's oil mixed in and then add proper sanitation. Alleviate stress by giving the children security and stability by stopping the wars that the US gov't corporations create to fund themselves along with their allies.

An Educational Decision: One Approach to the Vaccination Problem Using Homeopathy
    by Christina J. Head, MCH, Rs., Hom.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6tB...eature=related
    https://www.biomedicaltreatmentforautism.com

https://vaccinefree.wordpress.com/
    Homeoprophylaxis, (the use of homeopathic nosodes for disease prevention)
    Isaac Golden is an Australian physician and world authority on homeoprophylaxis, the use of homeopathic medicines for specific disease prevention. He has been teaching homeopathy since 1990 and has written eight books on the subject. Vaccination? A Review of Risks and Alternatives, now in its fifth edition, contains the documentation of the results of a ten year study designed by the author involving 1305 respondents.
    https://newconnexion.net/articles/in...cinations.html

Mumps: vitamin C --2,000 mg to start, and then 1,000 mg per hour.

Homeopathic CEASE Therapy – Dr Tinus Smits MD

https://www.vaccinationinformationne...inus-smits-md/

Dr. Donald Miller, a cardiac surgeon and Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington, recommends avoiding the flu shot and taking vitamin D instead.

Scroll down to Method of Treatment https://www.vaccinetruth.org/page_29.htm

And for my now grown children, who I stopped vaccinating two of them after two shots due to reactions and didn't have the other two vaccinated until I was divorced as the father forced it with the courts & took them to the doctor, I used energy healing when they got childhood chickenpox (or any sickness)...they were over it in 3 days from start to finish.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post

34. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

35. TopTop #18
    pnicholson

Three things:
    nice work, sharing. and good catch. i look forward to checking out the links.

i think most of those who come on as ridiculously as amy did and those who are outright
    fanatical about wanting to force all children to submit to a possibly lethal injection, are paid
    or un tools. but it did not occur to me to check her out. thanks so much for the research.

i do hope everyone reads what you have provided. i have read the blaylock herd-immunity
    myth article - it's very good, and an easy read. i was going to post it last night but i felt so
    disheartened after being online here - seeing what others are willing to go along with.....i
    just did not care anymore. almost. the tyrants could not pull off all this evil without the
    cooperation of a good many of us. and we're all we've got. so....why? why?

please, friends - devolving to the point where fellow humans are willing to enlist in the war
    against our own freedom, who want to force other humans to submit to mandatory
    medical treatment, whether vaccines, fluoride, antibiotics, or chemotherapy, is truly
    cause for alarm. please realize that we are fighting for our lives here. this is real. please
    don't make it easy for them.

thanks again, sw ~ and a joyful, healthy new year to us all ~

p

The world we see that seems so insane is the result of a belief system that is not working. To perceive the world differently, we must be willing to change our belief system, let the past slip away, expand our sense of now, and dissolve the fear in our minds ~ William James

Communism is the death of the soul. It is the organization of total conformity - in short, of tyranny - and it is committed to making tyranny universal.
    ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

The opposite of bravery is not cowardice but conformity. ~ Dr. Robert Anthony

"Depopulation should be the highest priority of U.S. foreign policy towards the Third World." ~ Henry Kissinger (National Security Memorandum 200, April 24, 1974)
    Last edited by Barry; 01-10-2014 at 02:57 PM.

36. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

37. TopTop #19
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pnicholson: View Post
    i think most of those who come on as ridiculously as amy did and those who are outright fanatical about wanting to force all children to submit to a possibly lethal injection, are paid
    or un tools. but it did not occur to me to check her out. thanks so much for the research.
    wow. I think I may be using this tag a lot; it'd be nice if it was as easy as the "gratitude" button. but ... wow.

38. TopTop #20
    Mudwoman

SW ~ Do you have this video posted on Facebook? I have a couple of vocal pro-active 'scientifically-minded' buddies there that need more education IMO. Thanks!

39. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

40. TopTop #21
    sharingwisdom

Hmmm, guess I didn't post it on my FB, but here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKSeiAs_A4w#t=30 and this one speaks well of the Corporate connections. https://tv.greenmedinfo.com/vaccines-cause-autism/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mudwoman: View Post
    SW ~ Do you have this video posted on Facebook? I have a couple of vocal pro-active 'scientifically-minded' buddies there that need more education IMO. Thanks!

41. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

42. TopTop #22
    sharingwisdom

And here is more update on the so called "Amy Parker" article:

This is the same story that originated on Voices for Vaccines website. This Voices for Vaccines appears to be a group of 'responsible' pro vaccine parents uniting for the health of children worldwide. It is, in fact, an administrative project of Task Force for Global Health organization, which serves as a secretariat for a consortium of global health organizations including The Rockefeller Foundation and The World Bank (which will mean little for people who don't understand the connections). The immunization and vaccines section of this organization, according to its 2012 accounts, is funded by Merck (the manufacturers of vaccines) and Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics Inc (also vaccine manufacturers). So it's not a website for responsible parents who want to protect their kids from 'vaccine preventable diseases'... it's a FRONT for pharmaceutical companies to push their vaccines and the pro vaccine argument. I am now more convinced that M's Amy was just a troll story.

[Here's a link to the original article - Barry]

Three things:
    in its source.The Amy Parker who supposedly said she had these experiences is more than likely Amy Parker Fiebelkorn - who works for the CDC pushing vaccines. You can find her article page with her photos (https://newsle.com/person/amyparkerfiebelkorn/35014764 and https://d2ttfyrfmig6p1.cloudfront.ne...amy-parker.jpg)... it sure looks like the same woman to me. I will continue to research this as there alot of trolls out there.

Her info...
    Amy Parker Fiebelkorn, MSN, Division of Viral Diseases, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, CDC. Telephone: 404-639-8235; E-mail: [email protected].
    Here are more sources:
    https://newsle.com/person/amyparkerfiebelkorn/35014764

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr6204a1.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3810923/

Here is another list of her name in papers attached to the ncbi govt page - her name is all over the place in regards to vaccines and not once did she mention this in that blog article
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/

2. Here is the deconstructed article Amy wrote https://www.mothering.com/community/...-deconstructed Make sure you check the inconsistencies at the bottom half of the article where it says, "here are several inconsistencies and errors in Ms. Parker’s little piece which also deserve mention."

The Deadly Impossibility Of Herd Immunity Through Vaccination, by Dr. Russell Blaylock [https://www.russellblaylockmd.com/ A board certified neurosurgeon for 25 years]
    Excerpt

https://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/2012/02/18/the-deadly-impossibility-of-herd-immunity-through-vaccination-by-dr-russell-blaylock/

... vaccine-induced herd immunity is mostly myth can be proven quite simply. When I was in medical school, we were taught that all of the childhood vaccines lasted a lifetime. This thinking existed for over 70 years. It was not until relatively recently that it was discovered that most of these vaccines lost their effectiveness 2 to 10 years after being given. What this means is that at least half the population, that is the baby boomers, have had no vaccine-induced immunity against any of these diseases for which they had been vaccinated very early in life. In essence, at least 50% or more of the population was unprotected for decades.

If we listen to present-day wisdom, we are all at risk of resurgent massive epidemics should the vaccination rate fall below 95%. Yet, we have all lived for at least 30 to 40 years with 50% or less of the population having vaccine protection. That is, herd immunity has not existed in this country for many decades and no resurgent epidemics have occurred. Vaccine-induced herd immunity is a lie used to frighten doctors, public-health officials, other medical personnel, and the public into accepting vaccinations.

Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2014 at 02:50 PM.

43. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

44. TopTop #23
    rossmen

wow, so the cdc pays "scientists", to create false identities and write propaganda to scare mothers into following vaccine guidelines. ik! i guess this one blew up in their face because comments are closed.

i know lots of medical professionals who choose carefully if, what, and when vaccinating themselves and their children. they don't trust the cdc either.

Three things:
    in its source...
    Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2014 at 02:51 PM.

45. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

46. TopTop #24
    rossmen

your factoid is false, john adams had three sons and two daughters who gave him grandchildren. and that is just one founding father, patrick henry had 16 kids. did you get it off some vaccine propaganda site?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Gus diZerega: View Post
    I find myself wondering whether there is something about people that forces most to learn the hard way rather than the smart way. Vaccinations saved enormous numbers of lives. I'm a little younger than geomancer, but I remember my parents' relief over the polio vaccine and how antibiotics saved countlesss lives from plague, pneumonia, and so on. Yes- sometimes they were used unwisely, and they can be used more wisely. That's called a record of human history. The smarts ones learn as they go and the stupid ones keep repeating the same old errors.

One factoid that says a lot: only one male child of our Founding Fathers lived to adulthood, John Quincy Adams. These men were a part of the social and economic elite. It is only in relatively recent times that parents could expect to be outlived by all their children.

47. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

48. TopTop #25
    pnicholson

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    your factoid is false, john adams had three sons and two daughters who gave him grandchildren. and that is just one founding father, patrick henry had 16 kids. did you get it off some vaccine propaganda site?

whoopsy.

49. Gratitude expressed by:

50. TopTop #26
    Gus diZerega

I got the story from a retired political scientist who taught at Whitman College, where I taught for a few years. The context had nothing to do with vaccines. I knew that many of our Founding fathers did not have male heirs, than many children died back then, and simply assumed she was right about the whole story because of the confidence with which she told it. It was in the context of our having been lucky that political dynasties had not arisen in the early US, and therefore what was sad of the family was probably good for the country. I did not check her facts because it was far removed from my own research interests, as it still is.

Sorry to not feed your paranoia. Try another tack.

Now while that particular 'fact' is not true the basic point behind it is. Families tended to be large, if possible, for most of human history at least in agricultural times, and in most of the world, until women became able to read. What is also true is that for a very long time population rose slowly. Big families and slowly rising populations suggest that for some reason most did not reproduce. It does not take special mathematical skills to figure that out. Most of the time the reason for this slow increase was not famine, so I leave it to your imagination as to what was. You have three to choose from: widespread celibacy, abortion or death at a young age.

The causes of death were several. An enormous number of babies died before their first year, and here the chief cause was not breastfeeding them. Many more died in the periodic epidemics that swept Europe in particular- such as small pox which we have now rendered unimportant because of ... vaccinations. Any half informed person knows what measles and other European diseases did to Native Americans and what the flu did around WWI. Bad public health was another major cause. Of these three, vaccines could help only one, but it was an important one.

Since irrational paranoia is setting in- I am not saying everything under the sun should be vaccinated against and it seems quite likely that the corporations that manufacture vaccines want them used world wide. It would be very strange were that not the case. I have already written here that corporations should not be in this field because their motives are twisted.

Gus

Last edited by Barry; 01-11-2014 at 02:52 PM.

51. Gratitude expressed by:

52. TopTop #27
    rossmen

thanks for explaining how you got your factoid wrong, i don't get how me pointing this out means i'm paranoid. perhaps your own beliefs fill you full of bs. the history of human population increase is far more complicated than vaccine therapy. and what is important is what is happening now. do you have a clue? it is not about vaccines! start another thread if you want to write about sustainable human reproduction. i might contribute there if the info is as stupid as the info here...

I got the story from a retired political scientist who taught at Whitman College, where I taught for a few years. The context had nothing to do with vaccines. I knew that many of our Founding fathers did not have male heirs, than many children died back then, and simply assumed she was right about the whole story because of the confidence with which she told it. It was in the context of our having been lucky that political dynasties had not arisen in the early US, and therefore what was sad of the family was probably good for the country. I did not check her facts because it was far removed from my own research interests, as it still is.

Sorry to not feed your paranoia. Try another tack.

Now while that particular 'fact' is not true the basic point behind it is. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 01-12-2014 at 01:18 PM.

53. Gratitude expressed by:

54. TopTop #28
    Gus diZerega

The assumption I was just parroting industry lines and not even being open about it is an example of assuming the worst of others. Especially since I had written some pretty critical things about corporations. If you think I said the history of population increase is due to vaccine therapy I suggest re-reading my post since I rather explicitly said otherwise (hint- breast feeding and public health). Again, you are abusive. And after a nice personal private email!

I am breaking off the discussion as you seem unwilling to accord people different from yourself with any respect at all, let alone read what they actually say. I run into that often enough with right wingers- thanks for reminding me some 'progressives' are the same.

And I am entirely uninterested in writing about sustainable human reproduction.

thanks for explaining how you got your factoid wrong, i don't get how me pointing this out means i'm paranoid. perhaps your own beliefs fill you full of bs. the history of human population increase is far more complicated than vaccine therapy. and what is important is what is happening now. do you have a clue? it is not about vaccines! start another thread if you want to write about sustainable human reproduction. i might contribute there if the info is as stupid as the info here...

55. TopTop #29
    rossmen

yay for taking a break when communication is difficult! what i have struggled with most in this exchange is your assertion that whatever point you were trying to make was still true after i corrected your factoid. i interpreted this as a version of the "life was nasty, brutish and short before the advent of the modern age" narrative.

i imagine that we both know this is generally untrue and feeds right into the vaccine industry's story; vaccines are a great miracle of modern medicine so the more the better, and perhaps if they were required the new era of robust human health vaccines promise will come sooner! this justifys our governments propaganda which titles this thread.

we both know the demonstrated value of vaccine therapy and the potential, we just question corporate motivation and celebrate choice. we might also agree that a cautious and informed approach to lifestyle and health choices gives us the best chance to experience robust health.

The assumption I was just parroting industry lines and not even being open about it is an example of assuming the worst of others. Especially since I had written some pretty critical things about corporations. If you think I said the history of population increase is due to vaccine therapy I suggest re-reading my post since I rather explicitly said otherwise (hint- breast feeding and public health). Again, you are abusive. And after a nice personal private email!

I am breaking off the discussion as you seem unwilling to accord people different from yourself with any respect at all, let alone read what they actually say. I run into that often enough with right wingers- thanks for reminding me some 'progressives' are the same.

And I am entirely uninterested in writing about sustainable human reproduction.

56. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

57. TopTop #30
    Glia

An essay from the other side of the coin:

Growing Up Vaccinated: an Alternative Perspective to Amy Parker’s “Growing Up Unvaccinated”
    Posted January 13, 2014 By Maegan Soria – Parents for Vaccine Safety

I have always been quiet about my past experiences with vaccines; however, the popular article by Amy Parker entitled Growing Up Unvaccinated clearly deserves an alternative perspective.

I am the 80’s child of normal parents who followed the CDC recommended guidelines for vaccinating their 5 children. As babies, my mother tried breastfeeding all of us, however, she could only produce enough to feed us for 2 weeks. My mother had no other choice but to supplement with formula until we were old enough to drink regular 2% milk. You know, the kind of milk that you buy in grocery stores that have additives like hormones and antibiotics. Of course my parents weren’t aware of that at the time, so needless to say, we were drinking a lot of that kind of milk. My parents also brought us up on an incredibly normal diet like salad, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, pizza, taco’s, lasagna, cereal, chips, candy, LOTS of candy, and even McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, and Arby’s.

We had a normal suburban lifestyle. We grew up with all of our neighbors, played outside, walked everywhere, played sports, and danced. We were allowed to drink soda, and even though we were unaware that the water was fluoridated, we drank plenty of that too.

My parent’s did everything they could to keep us healthy, and like I said, complied with what was expected of them by the CDC vaccination schedule. My siblings and I grew up having every single vaccine on the shelves in the 80’s. I also grew up with developmental delays and cognitive learning disabilities. I was always in those classes at school that assist children who are slow at learning. Let me tell you, it’s not any fun growing up feeling like you are dumber than your peers.

Anyway, I’ll get straight to the point. I specifically remember a time when I was seven; there was this huge deal about getting the Hepatitis B vaccine. There were clinics all over town offering the vaccine; so of course, my mother had all 5 of her children there to get vaccinated. Not even a day after I was vaccinated, I started to become very sick. My lymph nodes in my neck were swollen, so naturally I thought I was developing strep throat. Then the lymph nodes in my pelvic area started to became very swollen to the point where I couldn’t sit down or walk. I also started noticing these little red dots forming on my feet. Eventually those red dots spread all over the bottom half of my legs and spread all the way up to my knees to the point where the dots were no longer dots, they were huge purple splots (yes, I called them splots). My head, neck, stomach, and legs were extremely puffy and swollen. No matter how many times my parents took me to the doctor, there was nothing that they could do because they had never seen this illness before. I remember being so sick that I would secretly hope that I would die than to have to keep feeling that sick. At seven years old, I would literally pray to God to take me and relieve me from the pain I was feeling.

It wasn’t until about a month and a half later when I started getting better. After all the tests that were performed on me, they finally discovered that I was having a reaction to “foreign protein” in my blood. So, how in the world would foreign protein get into my blood stream? Well, the doctors wouldn’t discuss this with my parents. Eventually my condition was swept under the rug.

Let’s skip a few years down the road when I was in my 20’s. I too was diagnosed with pre-cancerous HPV. I had to go through the normal process of frequent visits to my doctor. Like most cases, however, the pre-cancerous cells went away on their own. Then I received my first round of Gardasil shots. A day after my shot, my lymph nodes in my pelvic area became extremely swollen to the point where it was too painful to sit down or walk. ...

Continues at
    https://therefusers.com/refusers-new.../#.UtYvv_ZN_bn

58. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: