Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dixon

Sonoma County Repertory Theater?

Someone gave me a coupon good for one performance of the Sonoma County Rep, but I can't find any evidence that the Rep still exists. They appear to have closed their theater in Sebastopol in early 2011 (I think it's owned by another theater group now). Does the Sonoma County Rep still exist in some form/location, or should I just throw away this coupon?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    theindependenteye

Re: Sonoma County Repertory Theater?

>>>Someone gave me a coupon good for one performance of the Sonoma County Rep, but I can't find any evidence that the Rep still exists. They appear to have closed their theater in Sebastopol in early 2011 (I think it's owned by another theater group now). Does the Sonoma County Rep still exist in some form/location, or should I just throw away this coupon?

Your information is correct. The current management is Main Stage West, doing much the same sort of repertory as SCR, and some really excellent acting. But you might give them a call and ask if they'd honor the defunct coupon — there's still a sign in the men's room that has the Rep's logo. Or maybe they'd just let you use the restroom. But no harm trying.

The current play MAURITIUS isn't one I like personally, for reasons irrelevant here, but it features some of the finest acting I've seen in a long time, and the full house at the Thursday performance I saw loved it. No question but that it's enormously entertaining and holds its grip.

Cheers—
    Conrad

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Bird Watcher

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dixon: View Post
    Someone gave me a coupon good for one performance of the Sonoma County Rep, but I can't find any evidence that the Rep still exists. They appear to have closed their theater in Sebastopol in early 2011 (I think it's owned by another theater group now). Does the Sonoma County Rep still exist in some form/location, or should I just throw away this coupon?
    You could try calling Main Stage West (that took over the venue) and see if they'd want to honor it as a promotional gesture ... 823-0177.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    Dixon

Thanks for the info and suggestions, Conrad and Bird Watcher. I'm not gonna ask the current occupants of the building to honor a coupon from a defunct business. I don't wanna put them in the uncomfortable position of either having to say "no" or give a freebie they might not be comfortable with giving, so I've thrown the coupon into the recycling bin.