Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Larysa

Supervisor Debate in Graton

Greetings!

I attended last Wednesday's debate in Graton with an open mind. Throughout my 27 years as a resident of San Diego County, I witnessed local politicians - backed by developers - disregard the environment and bring progressive deterioration to the area's natural tranquil beauty, air quality, traffic flow, public safety, and economy. I want to see Sonoma County grow, prosper and retain its wilderness without making similar mistakes.

The debate in Graton on Wednesday, October 8th underscored for me that each candidate would lead the 5th District in a different direction. Ms. Rue Furch cares and values the unique cultural and natural diversity within Sonoma County. She has been committed to researching and discussing the issues for many years giving her the wisdom, insight, vision and professional network to quickly and effectively deal with current and future challenges. Her "knowledge of county development and planning issues is encyclopedic" (Press Democrat 9/24/08), because she has the perseverance and self-discipline to continue to educate herself and others.

During the debate, Ms. Furch questioned Mr. Efren Carillo on pertinent West County issues, he responded with trite political speeches never answering the original questions. He demonstrated an obvious lack of basic knowledge on such concepts as monitoring well-water usage. When asked about the drainage problems faced by current homeowners due to new development, Mr. Carillo laughed and started to make a joke then launched into another vapid political monologue.

When asked his opinion on Measure Q - he asked the audience what Measure Q was. Mr. Carillo is like the student who does not bother to do their homework then talks a lot as a tactic to fool others. He does not seem overly concerned or aware that he lacks a vast amount of crucial information and maturity in order to shoulder the responsibilities and make major long-lasting decisions affecting each resident, especially land and property owners.

Mr. Carillo directed personally accusatory questions toward Ms. Furch, who calmly responded showing that his information was incorrect. Mr. Carillo spoke proudly of his work ethic, values and ability to work well with others, saying: "Everyone has a place at the table." However, while sitting at the same table less than three feet away from Ms. Furch, Mr. Carillo became agitated and accused her of lying. His closing statement was an angry tirade directed at Ms. Furch. Do we really need a County Supervisor who is disrespectful and unable to control his emotions? Verbally attacks those with whom he disagrees? Does not diligently study and understand how the county works? Absolutely not!

Ms. Rue Furch has the wisdom, education, experience, integrity and strong work ethic to be our next and very successful 5th District Sonoma County Supervisor. Please remember to vote intelligently and remind others to do so also! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Larysa

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    riverosprey

Re: Supervisor Debate in Graton

In today's (Oct,18) Press Democrat:

Carrillo's promise

EDITOR: Efren Carrillo represents what Sonoma County should be; Rue Furch represents what it has become.

In Tom Lynch's Monday letter ("Carrillo backer"), he stated that Furch's campaign is "revolving around others fronting distortions of Carrillo's positions." At the community forum in Graton, I witnessed Carrillo giving Furch plenty of opportunity to speak the truth about his positions, and she gave no indication that she should be held accountable to that minimum set of a standards.

I have known Carrillo for two years, and he has known me for three months. It is true Carrillo has endorsements from a lot of powerful people and organizations that are often hard of hearing. He has their ear because he speaks with integrity. This man listens to his constituents and holds the powerful accountable.

I met with Bill Kortum to address the unethical campaign tactics of the candidates Sonoma County Conservation Action has endorsed. I told Kortum that, in my opinion, Carrillo is in the same league as Joe Rattigan, and his response was that "means something." What it means is that we have a unique opportunity to elect a high-caliber man with immense integrity. The question is: Do we have the wisdom?

NORMAN SHEEHAN
    Santa Rosa
    ---------------
    Thank you Norman Sheehan for standing up and being counted. We are all the lesser for allowing lies and falsehoods to destroy one of our best and brightest.
    Tom Lynch
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
    is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke
    ----------------
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Larysa: View Post
    Greetings!

I attended last Wednesday's debate in Graton with an open mind. Throughout my 27 years as a resident of San Diego County, I witnessed local politicians - backed by developers - disregard the environment and bring progressive deterioration to the area's natural tranquil beauty, air quality, traffic flow, public safety, and economy. I want to see Sonoma County grow, prosper and retain its wilderness without making similar mistakes.

The debate in Graton on Wednesday, October 8th underscored for me that each candidate would lead the 5th District in a different direction. Ms. Rue Furch cares and values the unique cultural and natural diversity within Sonoma County. She has been committed to researching and discussing the issues for many years giving her the wisdom, insight, vision and professional network to quickly and effectively deal with current and future challenges. Her "knowledge of county development and planning issues is encyclopedic" (Press Democrat 9/24/08), because she has the perseverance and self-discipline to continue to educate herself and others.

During the debate, Ms. Furch questioned Mr. Efren Carillo on pertinent West County issues, he responded with trite political speeches never answering the original questions. He demonstrated an obvious lack of basic knowledge on such concepts as monitoring well-water usage. When asked about the drainage problems faced by current homeowners due to new development, Mr. Carillo laughed and started to make a joke then launched into another vapid political monologue.

When asked his opinion on Measure Q - he asked the audience what Measure Q was. Mr. Carillo is like the student who does not bother to do their homework then talks a lot as a tactic to fool others. He does not seem overly concerned or aware that he lacks a vast amount of crucial information and maturity in order to shoulder the responsibilities and make major long-lasting decisions affecting each resident, especially land and property owners.

Mr. Carillo directed personally accusatory questions toward Ms. Furch, who calmly responded showing that his information was incorrect. Mr. Carillo spoke proudly of his work ethic, values and ability to work well with others, saying: "Everyone has a place at the table." However, while sitting at the same table less than three feet away from Ms. Furch, Mr. Carillo became agitated and accused her of lying. His closing statement was an angry tirade directed at Ms. Furch. Do we really need a County Supervisor who is disrespectful and unable to control his emotions? Verbally attacks those with whom he disagrees? Does not diligently study and understand how the county works? Absolutely not!

Ms. Rue Furch has the wisdom, education, experience, integrity and strong work ethic to be our next and very successful 5th District Sonoma County Supervisor. Please remember to vote intelligently and remind others to do so also! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Larysa

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email