Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Give 'em hell Hillary !!!

Here is a quote from the New York Times website that I found shortly after Hillary won the Kentucky primary today:

'...continuing her candidacy is partly a means to show her supporters — especially young women — that she is not a quitter and will not be pushed around.'

Give 'em hell Hillary!

Edward
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: Give 'em hell Hillary !!!

It's a nice soundbite, but everyone in politics gets pushed around and eventually quits, unless they win the race.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Here is a quote from the New York Times website that I found shortly after Hillary won the Kentucky primary today:

'...continuing her candidacy is partly a means to show her supporters — especially young women — that she is not a quitter and will not be pushed around.'

Give 'em hell Hillary!

Edward

3. TopTop #3
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    And she said she'll be in it until the end. She deserves praise for being true to her words. Also, she'll make a better running mate iif she's shown she can handle herself well in the primaries.

Notice how the rhetoric between her and Obama has cooled in the last few days?

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    arthousefilms

Hey, she voted FOR the war... so the fact that she is a woman is meaningless. Think of the hundreds of thousands of families and lives her vote cost women in Iraq. It's a disgrace to humanity. Sorry, but being a female is not a criteria for being president.

5. TopTop #5
    Sonomamark

Yes, because he knows he's won, and she's keeping her powder dry for 2012 and doing her best to undermine his chances this year while trying to look like she's not doing so.

Hillary is NOT going to be the VP nominee. She brings far too many liabilities to Obama's campaign--she has the highest perceived negatives of any major candidate ever to do as well as she has in a primary. 48% of the country says it wouldn't vote for her in any circumstances--that's not fair, but it's a fact. Obama needs someone who will add military and foreign policy experience to the ticket, and/or someone who helps make a key swing state competitive (like, say, Gov. Ted Strickland of Ohio).

Hillary is staying in because she wants Obama to lose, so she can run in 2012. There is no other reason for her to be in. It's a stubborn, selfish, short-sighted thing to do, and it confirms everything I have previously believed about the Clintons' self-importance and their willingness to throw the values they claim to stand for under the bus to advance their personal ambitions. Remember welfare "reform"? Bill Clinton created more homelessness than any President since Reagan, all so he could steal an issue from the Republicans and make himself look good.

Hillary Clinton is a smart, capable, ruthless, self-involved woman who is about herself first and anything else second. She will never be President of the United States, and I'm happy for it.

Mark

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    And she said she'll be in it until the end. She deserves praise for being true to her words. Also, she'll make a better running mate iif she's shown she can handle herself well in the primaries.

Notice how the rhetoric between her and Obama has cooled in the last few days?

-Jeff

6. TopTop #6
    Neshamah

I don't think she is consciously trying to undermine Obama (just as I don't think Edwards was consciously waiting for 2008 when he was Kerry's running mate.) She is right to stay around to the last contests. If she had withdrawn and still won West Virginia, it would have looked worse for Obama. I think she sincerely believes Obama cannot win in November.

I agree completely that Clinton should not be the VP nominee. Obama's weaknesses are his lack of experience and his partisan record that contradicts his inclusive rhetoric. Clinton has only been in the Senate two years longer, and her record is equally partisan, save for a few neoconservative votes that would actually hurt rather than help the ticket.

Obama needs to pick a moderate with more experience and who indicates Obama's sincerity in reaching out to all Americans. A courageous choice would be Republican Chuck Hagel. Hagel is one of the very few Republicans pushing for a quick withdrawal from Iraq, and he is fairly moderate on most other issues.

~ Neshamah

7. TopTop #7
    scorpiomoon

Gore should be the VP with a negotiated agreement that he be put in charge of dealing with climate issues, and I personally believe this is what will happen. He will be an assett being elected President 8 yrs ago unfortunately Hillary is umm not an assett although I voted for her. Her RFK comment all I can say is I understand her meaning. However I do believe the vast majority of MEN do not want to be forced to speak in woman language (present company excluded of course) She has an emotional and an elitist edge that has hurt her candidacy, and Feminists take notes. Nancy Pelosi surely will! Go Obama/Gore thats my hope anyway, and Al he has the ability to delicately (statesmanly) accept second position, and could do the whole world a great favor by putting us all on the fast track dealing with climate change.