Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Stories wanted about WaccoBB.net!

Hi Everybody!

This board has been up for about a year now and its really starting to cook! There have been lots of great posts lately (including the Sacred Gas Instruction event and people are signing up in droves (83 in the last week alone!)

And, I am going to be interviewed on the radio for the first time!:eek: It will be on fabulous live morning show on www.KSVY.org, Community Radio for the Sonoma Valley, this Thursday morning around 9:30. Thankfully one of the charming and witty hosts, Veronica, has been a member of this board from the very beginning.

I thought it would be fun to relay some entertaining/amazing stories from our members. Got any you can share with me here, publicly or privately? You could even call into the show 707-933-9133 and get a few of your 15 minutes of fame!

Barry
    Last edited by Barry; 07-19-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    HolisticKids

Re: Stories wanted about WaccoBB.net!

Wacco has been very good to me. Here are some of the things I have manifested through Wacco over the years.

A place to live when my daughter and I were basically homeless, with great roommates and even though I don't live there anymore, I created a good, lasting friendship out of it.
    A really decent car for $500
    An awesome intuitive law of attraction coach (Ed Mills)
    Furniture
    Excellent classes/workshops
    Great business connections

Wacco Rocks!

Jane
    Last edited by Barry; 07-19-2006 at 09:44 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    Peanut Yogi

Dear Sweet Barry,

In the 15+ months I have been involved in the WaccoBB community I have found a place to live, met clients, discovered great yard sales, hired a babysitter, attracted a live-in nanny, engaged in lively and enlightening "discussions", learned about Peak-Oil and how to survive, decided my next car will be a vegioil deisel, hosted a yard sale, given away stuff, and made more friends than I can count.

You and this site are a Very Large part of why I and my son were able to feel so at home so quickly here.

Thank you everybody!!!

Peanut

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:
    Hi Everybody!

This board has been up for about a year now and its really starting to cook! There have been lots of great posts lately (including the Sacred Gas Instruction event and people are signing up in droves (83 in the last week alone!)

And, I am going to be interviewed on the radio for the first time!:eek: It will be on fabulous live morning show on www.KSVY.org, Community Radio for the Sonoma Valley, this Thursday morning around 9:30. Thankfully one of the charming and witty hosts, Veronica, has been a member of this board from the very beginning.

I thought it would be fun to relay some entertaining/amazing stories from our members. Got any you can share with me here, publicly or privately? You could even call into the show 707-933-9133 and get a few of your 15 minutes of fame!

Barry
    Last edited by Barry; 07-19-2006 at 09:46 AM.

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by peanutyogi:
    Dear Sweet Barry,

In the 15+ months I have been involved in the WaccoBB community I have found a place to live, met clients, discovered great yard sales, hired a babysitter, attracted a live-in nanny, engaged in lively and enlightening "discussions", learned about Peak-Oil and how to survive, decided my next car will be a vegioil deisel, hosted a yard sale, given away stuff, and made more friends than I can count.

You and this site are a Very Large part of why I and my son were able to feel so at home so quickly here.

Thank you everybody!!!

Peanut
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by HolisticKids:
    Wacco has been very good to me. Here are some of the things I have manifested through Wacco over the years.

A place to live when my daughter and I were basically homeless, with great roommates and even though I don't live there anymore, I created a good, lasting friendship out of it.
    A really decent car for $500
    An awesome intuitive law of attraction coach (Ed Mills)
    Furniture
    Excellent classes/workshops
    Great business connections

Wacco Rocks!

Jane
    Thanks Peanut and Yogi! I'm thrilled to hear your stories! I knew there was a reason I was doing this!

5. TopTop #5
    helenscott08

Barry, I am SURE many, many dogs and cats have been helped in so many ways via this board. Remember Cope, Dian Hardy's rescued dog who is to best of my knowledge very happy in his loving new home. This would not have come about excepting for help from your board and probably others as well. And, I think it also was helpful when KAY McCabe had lost her dog, COCOA, and was subsequently found about 30 hours later. Thanks in major part to the many people who kept an eye out for him and reported his route. Kay said at the time she would not have looked in the areas he was reported to have been, had it not been that people were letting her know his whereabouts. I think this board played a part in that situation.

I know a lot of people have either bought or sold homes, found new rentals or new tenants. Not to mention all the garage sales and special events that have been posted here.

I find your board very easy to work with and easy to find postings from a few months ago or from the first day you started the board. And, posting pictures is so easy. That DEFINITELY brings in good, positive results.

So Thanks Barry. I do hope this spurs others to add their stories of how your board has helped them.

helen s
    Last edited by Barry; 07-19-2006 at 07:05 PM.

6. TopTop #6
    soulange

i want to thank everyone on this bb who voted for me for the democratic central committee in the fifth district. i don't think i would have been elected if if weren't for you.

thank you again,

patricia sheehan