Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Farmer Ben

Rude talk of Bimbos

I wasn't posting about Upchurch anyway, that was side because other brought her up. I only have heard of her though angry west county residents. I was simply saying that all the people who have talked about her around me called her much worse than a bimbo (which I'll acknowledge is a sexist term to implies incompetence). Again only hearing things, second hand (not 5th district resident) it seemed that rather than incompetence (and baser truly Ad Hominem attacks based on gender) people hate her because she uses her position for her own befit and regularly lies is constitutes.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Henry Bernard: View Post
    Barry,

Would you please put an end to the character assassination? I doubt anyone in the room less likes Upchurch than myself, but there is a limit to criticism. Ad hominem attacks define that limit.

Best, Henry
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jbox

Re: Efren Carrillo arrested on Prowling and Burglary charges!!!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Farmer Ben: View Post
    He always gave me a creepy vibe (or maybe "creeper vibe" is more appropriate), two of three time I meet him he had obviously been drinking, and even when sober had a cocky attitude (and took quite a while, for him to take hint to get lost from a female friend I was with). I am not exactly a moral majority member but we don't need a Prowler representing our county we deserve better. I wanted be punch him out last time I saw him, trying to get fresh with an unwanting young lady, that arrogant jerk, next time maybe I won't hold it in. Never meet Upchurch, but this forum is not the first place I heard her called a bimbo, and yet to hear anything positive (lot worst than bimbo).
    Dude, you are totally out of line here. I respectfully say you have no idea what you think you might be talking about. Get lost, dummy.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Rude talk of Bimbos

I have moved the above posts to the Censored and Uncensored category for their generally disrespectfulness.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    Farmer Ben

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jbox: View Post
    Dude, you are totally out of line here. I respectfully say you have no idea what you think you might be talking about. Get lost, dummy.
    I know what I saw with my own eyes, do think about trying to tell me otherwise. Were you there that day at lynmar estates winery, did you follow Efren around that night watching what he did and said? Don't tell me what I know. However I'm done with politics in this forum, I'll save for in person, so someone will have to call me a Dummy to my face. Dam Wacco is really Wacco isn't it.

7. TopTop #5
    Damien

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    I agree. I was about to move it to the Censored category when heresbruce, arthunter and henry called her on it.

Susan Upchurch may be many things, but "bimbo" certainly isn't one of them. A public apology would be appropriate. Please be respectful should you choose to continue to participate here.
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contents

[hide]

Bimbo is a slang term that describes an attractive but unintelligent woman

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #6
    jbox

I wasn't posting about Upchurch anyway, that was side because other brought her up. I only have heard of her though angry west county residents. I was simply saying that all the people who have talked about her around me called her much worse than a bimbo (which I'll acknowledge is a sexist term to implies incompetence). Again only hearing things, second hand (not 5th district resident) it seemed that rather than incompetence (and baser truly Ad Hominem attacks based on gender) people hate her because she uses her position for her own befit and regularly lies is constitutes.
    Well, johndoe, I'm gonna call u an idiot, just because of what you said in your post.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #7
    jbox

Angry Troll alert!!! "respectably" my ass
    Sorry johndoe, I should have said "with all due respect"

12. TopTop #8
    sebastacat

Sebastacat exhorts all Waccobbians to stop the cat-fighting at once,
    lest we begin to destroy our sense of community -- and ourselves!

Now, that would be the ultimate tragedy, wouldn't it.

And for what? Politics?

Please, folks. Enough already.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #9
    sebastacat

And I MUST repeat my earlier admonition that we have some big issues confronting the fifth district at the present time.

And debating the definition of the word "bimbo" is not among them.

Thanks.

15. TopTop #10

I heard on the radio the other day that "Bimbo" was the name of Betty Boop's dog. I could find only a reference to her puppy, "Pudgy", during my extensive Internet search. : ))
    Tom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sebastacat: View Post
    And I MUST repeat my earlier admonition that we have some big issues confronting the fifth district at the present time.

And debating the definition of the word "bimbo" is not among them.

Thanks.

16. TopTop #11
    Glia

the Biography channel did a show on Betty Boop. It was available on Netflix but no more.

Curiously, Betty was herself originally a beagle-like dog who did a nightclub singing act. The Bimbo character was another dog who was "interested in" Betty. After about a year BB morphed from mutant dog to human with unusual head and body proportions. Shortly thereafter the Bimbo character, still mooning over Betty, became hard to explain and was dropped from the cast.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    I heard on the radio the other day that "Bimbo" was the name of Betty Boop's dog. I could find only a reference to her puppy, "Pudgy", during my extensive Internet search. : ))
    Tom

17. Gratitude expressed by: