Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Tinque

I am Stunned and Amazed at the Lack of Concern Regarding the past 2 Fires in Sebastopol

When I saw , first hand , the Barlow building burning down , the first thing that came to my mind was that this is a fire someone started.. and I know I am just one of many who thought the same thing..and for that huge loss in our town of Sebastopol , a town that I have lived in for over 40 years , I could not believe how quickly the whole thing was swept under the new pavement..then low and behold another of Sebastopol's landmarks is up in flames..and it seems to me that these horrible incidents are very suspicious and I do not understand why there has not and is not more people wanting some real answers.. instead Mr Efren Carrillo has taken the spot light with his poor , to say the least , behavior which again surprises me that anybody would be so shocked by his wrong doings .

Do any of you understand even a very small percentage of what goes on in our world every minute every day? The awareness of what is happening all around us , in our back yards , right down the street.. would make you sick to say the least .. back to my original thoughts regarding 2 fires in our town of Sebastopol and all in the area of "New Business", and already the next bit on the agenda is the Barlow Hotel to come.. Go figure....Sebastopol is changing.. I miss the Sebastopol I grew up in.. Soon we will not have an Apple Blossom Parade.. We shall have a "Grapes of Wrath " Parade funded by Chase and CVS.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2

Re: I am Stunned and Amazed at the Lack of Concern Regarding the past 2 Fires in Sebastopo

Lack of concern? Not sure what you mean or what you expect.
    Wasn't the Barlow fire an accident started by a welder or something like that?
    The police were concerned and arrested the perp who started the FE fire.
    Thank goodness the fire department was concerned and able to keep the fire from spreading and burning the whole town down... as used to happen in the old west days.

As for the changes you see around you... yea, I miss that little ole sleepy town with the train running down the main street too, but you can't stop change. You may be able to slow it down a bit, but... too many people with a whole lot of $$ want the change and they are buying it. That's progress! (or so we are told)
    Tom

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tinque: View Post
    When I saw , first hand , the Barlow building burning down , ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    applefan

Re: I am Stunned and Amazed at the Lack of Concern Regarding the past 2 Fires in Sebastopo

I agree with much of what you say about our community, and Grapes of WRath, but in this case, the Barlow fire was started accidentally by a welder, and the Frezelle Enos fire was started by a person who may be homeless or mentally ill and has been identified by a surveillance camera. Perhaps if there was more housing for the homeless, that fire would not have started.

When I saw , first hand , the Barlow building burning down , the first thing that came to my mind was that this is a fire someone started.. and I know I am just one of many who thought the same thing..and for that huge loss in our town of Sebastopol , a town that I have lived in for over 40 years , I could not believe how quickly the whole thing was swept under the new pavement..then low and behold another of Sebastopol's landmarks is up in flames..and it seems to me that these horrible incidents are very suspicious and I do not understand why there has not and is not more people wanting some real answers.. instead Mr Efren Carrillo has taken the spot light with his poor , to say the least , behavior which again surprises me that anybody would be so shocked by his wrong doings .

Do any of you understand even a very small percentage of what goes on in our world every minute every day? The awareness of what is happening all around us , in our back yards , right down the street.. would make you sick to say the least .. back to my original thoughts regarding 2 fires in our town of Sebastopol and all in the area of "New Business", and already the next bit on the agenda is the Barlow Hotel to come.. Go figure....Sebastopol is changing.. I miss the Sebastopol I grew up in.. Soon we will not have an Apple Blossom Parade.. We shall have a "Grapes of Wrath " Parade funded by Chase and CVS.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    Shaman

When I saw , first hand , the Barlow building burning down , the first thing that came to my mind was that this is a fire someone started..
    I wonder how much Chase pays arsonists...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Tinque

That is exactly what you are supposed to think that happened..

Quote Posted in reply to the post by applefan: View Post
    I agree with much of what you say about our community, and Grapes of WRath, but in this case, the Barlow fire was started accidentally by a welder, and the Frezelle Enos fire was started by a person who may be homeless or mentally ill and has been identified by a surveillance camera. Perhaps if there was more housing for the homeless, that fire would not have started.