Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    San Geronimo Valley Commty Ctr

Satirest Roy Zimmerman

This Saturday, July 13th, 8pm…get your tickets for an outstanding and hilarious show with nationally famous satirist Roy Zimmerman! https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/416474

In thirteen albums over twenty years, Roy has brought the sting of satire to the struggle for Peace and Social Justice. He has been compared to Tom Lehrer and praised by Joni Mitchell. His songs have been heard on HBO and Showtime. He has recorded for Warner/Reprise Records, and he’s been profiled on NPR’s “All Things Considered.” His YouTube videos have amassed over seven million views, and he’s a featured blogger for the Huffington Post. Zimmerman has shared stages with George Carlin, Bill Maher, Kate Clinton, Bill Clinton, John Oliver, Dennis Miller, Sandra Tsing Loh, kd lang, Andy Borowitz and Paul Krassner.

“Just Brilliant” – Terry Jones, Monty Python

Zimmerman’s “Wake Up Call” is ninety minutes of these songs - funny songs like “Abstain With Me” and “I Want a Marriage Like They Had In the Bible,” heartfelt songs like “Hope, Struggle and Change” and impassioned comic commentary.

At the San Geronimo Valley Community Center, 6350 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. San Geronimo CA 94963. $15 adv/$20 door

Partial proceeds support a food bank, youth center, senior programs and more. A nationally-touring personality, this event follows up the last sold out show with Roy Zimmerman at the San Geronimo Valley Community Center in 2011. Discounted advance purchase tickets: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/416474

The reviews are in:
    “…contagious irreverence.” - Stephen Holden, New York Times
    “… a rare gift for songwriting.” - San Francisco Chronicle
    “Bobby Kennedy meets Bobby Dylan” – Marin Independent Journal
    “…lyrical brilliance”- Weird Al Yankovic
    “…some of the smartest satirical songs that I’d ever heard” – Jeff Penalty, The Dead Kennedys
    “…a lacerating wit and keen awareness of society’s foibles that bring to mind a latter-day Tom Lehrer” – Los Angeles Times
    "I congratulate Roy Zimmerman on reintroducing literacy to comedy songs. And the rhymes actually rhyme, they don't just 'rhyne.'" – Tom Lehrer
    "Roy's lyrics move beyond poetry and achieve perfection." – Joni Mitchell
    Last edited by Barry; 07-12-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email