Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Wacco Dog Party at Ragle Dog Park?

Hey there, Wacco Dog-lovers!

It just occurred to me that I imagine it would be fun to organize group meeting/dog party at the new Sebatopol dog park at Ragle Park and let your dog meet some new friends (and maybe you too!)

I no longer have any dogs (my 2 goldens have gone to the great fire hydrant in the sky!) so I'm not going to take on organizing it, but I'll drop by and say Hi if I can.

Anybody interested? How about throwing out some date/times?

I just checked with the park service and they said it will open July 17th!

Woof!
    Last edited by Barry; 07-12-2006 at 10:53 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    mogue03

Re: Wacco Dog Party at Ragle Dog Park?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry:

Hey there, Wacco Dog-lovers!

It just occurred to me that I imagine it would be fun to organize group meeting/dog party at the new Sebatopol dog park at Ragle Park and let your dog meet some new friends (and maybe you too!)

I no longer have any dogs (my 2 goldens have gone to the great fire hydrant in the sky!) so I'm not going to take on organizing it, but I'll drop by and say Hi if I can.

Anybody interested? How about throwing out some date/times?

I just checked with the park service and they said it will open July 17th!

Woof!

Hi Barry,
    Yes to a dog party! We've got 2 Golden Retrievers who love to party and we've all been waiting for that Ragle Dog Park to happen.

lucy
    Last edited by mogue03; 07-12-2006 at 02:46 PM. Reason: didn't finish message

3. TopTop #3
    Vet-To-Pet

Re: Wacco Dog Party at Ragle Dog Park?

Hi~

I think that sounds like it could be fun, as long as everyone uses some common sense, regarding being responsible for their own dog(s) & how they interact with other dogs & people. It could lead to regular doggie "play dates" for some of the dogs/humans who enjoy each other's company.

I used to attend an annual "Birthday Party" for a much-loved dog whose human ran a B&B. Once each Spring, the property/gardens surrounding the B&B was open for all dogs (free) & their humans (admission ~ $10), which included a picnic dinner, and the proceeds went towards a variety of local humane/rescue groups. The dogs had games to play, special dog "cake", and party favors, etc. It quickly became a popular event even for people who didn't have any dogs! But, I'm getting way ahead of this simple suggestion of gathering with our dogs at the park. I can't do the main organization, but I'd be happy to volunteer to help with certain tasks (I'm about to buy a house & move, so I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next few weeks...)
    Smiles,
    Guppy
    Last edited by Barry; 07-12-2006 at 11:39 PM.