Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Varda

tips on using holistic alternatives instead of medications for blood thinning?

Hello Wacco friends,

Am helping a friend find holistic alternatives such as food and life style changes, etc to use instead of medications for keeping his blood thin (following surgery and complications) his regular, mainstream doctor is not in favor (only familiar with drugs), so looking for other sound opinions to give him healthier options, if possible.

If you know from personal experience or know of a relevant health practitioner, would you please let me know? please email me back [email protected]

Thanks so much for any tips!

Varda
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    glenneth

Re: tips on using holistic alternatives instead of medications for blood thinning?

FISH OIL is a natural blood thinner & of course is health building. Would suggest high quality for medicinal use.
    Cheerz, Sir Glenneth- from " the land of Cobb "

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Varda: View Post
    Hello Wacco friends,

Am helping a friend find holistic alternatives such as food and life style changes, etc to use instead of medications for keeping his blood thin (following surgery and complications) his regular, mainstream doctor is not in favor (only familiar with drugs), so looking for other sound opinions to give him healthier options, if possible.

If you know from personal experience or know of a relevant health practitioner, would you please let me know? please email me back [email protected]

Thanks so much for any tips!

3. TopTop #3
    Varda

Re: tips on using holistic alternatives instead of medications for blood thinning?

thanks so much for every tip and suggestion you sent me! we got some good feedback! when I have a chance, will compile the highlights and post here so it might be of help to others! looks like there are quite a few who opted for more natural means than medications to thin the blood!

Blessings to you all!

Varda

Quote Posted in reply to the post by glenneth: View Post
    FISH OIL is a natural blood thinner & of course is health building. Would suggest high quality for medicinal use.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-04-2013 at 03:45 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    EmeraldMatra

I am not an expert but foods that are high in vitamin K assist in thinning the blood.

The foods that I know that are high in vitamin K are buckwheat, onions, and garlic, and they are especially yummy together, sauteed in a skillet (after the buckwheat is cooked or fluffed) with some miso or tamari (soy sauce) and cayenne pepper for seasoning.

Emerald

Quote Posted in reply to the post by glenneth: View Post

6. TopTop #5
    EmeraldMatra

Apparently I got my facts backwards.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by EmeraldMatra: View Post
    I am not an expert but foods that are high in vitamin K assist in thinning the blood.

The foods that I know that are high in vitamin K are buckwheat, onions, and garlic, and they are especially yummy together, sauteed in a skillet (after the buckwheat is cooked or fluffed) with some miso or tamari (soy sauce) and cayenne pepper for seasoning.

Emerald