Hello!
After months of searching for the perfect home to open up with no success, I have decided to just put out to the universe what I am looking for in the hopes of some angels to see the post and miracle to take place.
I am a 29 year old male, native of Marin, looking to settle down here again and plant some roots after spending some time away. I now realize that pursuing what makes me a whole person in service to this world does not lend itself to the financial intake necessary to rent a space in Marin. As I sort out how I will make this happen here so that I grow with the land and the people and thus develop an intimate knowledge of how to take care of these things, I need a place to live. I am eager to invite my partner and her soon-to-be two year old son to come up and live here with me so we can begin a life together in this beautiful place. So I need a place to live, if not forever, then at least for several months while I figure out how to pursue a meaningful life while making enough to live in the place I was raised and would like to raise my children. How long must we be forced by the current economic and social system to pick up and move around, all the time losing any hope of nativeness to a place, and with that the intimacy that will lead to greater care of our places and communities?

The ideal place:

The ideal place for me and my two companions right now would be modest but charming. A one or two bedroom place, studio, or cottage, surrounded by some land, with perhaps a tree or two to provide some shade, some sun, and some space to enjoy the sun, play, and grow some food. We could pay rent, perhaps between $600 and $800/month. Ideally, we would be able to work out a kind work trade, where our tending and beautification of some place and the land would allow us to save the meager earnings we are currently making. We would also be into sharing a home with some other people, age not too important, who are laid back, and socially and environmentally conscious, looking to create a better world.

A little about us:

We are an incredibly peaceful, conscious and respectful crew. I immerse myself in nature as often as possible through both work and leisure, my partner teaches yoga as a form of trauma transformation. and her son is not your typical 2-year old after being parented attachment style - he appreciates a quite, calm environment as much as we do. That being said, we enjoy music, especially live, and create a bit of it ourselves. And we enjoy the company of friends. We would be out and about more often than we were home most likely, working, looking for more permanent housing, hiking, going to the Coast and simply being outdoors in gorgeous Marin County. We are two, recently graduated from a Master's program in Peace and Justice young adults (I am 29, she is 25) who are trying to try out a life together in Marin. I currently work with several Bay Area organizations giving underserved youth and people with disabilities opportunities to connect with nature and build other life skills through backpacking and kayaking trips and Vero teaches yoga and has committed herself to being the most excellent mother she can be.

We have something potentially lined up beginning June 19th for accomodations but would LOVE to be able to move in together beginning in May. If you feel open to this and we sound like rad roommates (which I think we are!), then please give me a call so we can learn more about each other and about the possibility of us renting or tending your unoccupied space. My number is 619.417.6472. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Chris