Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    radha

defense advise needed for horrible pot transport charge

my son was trapped in northern arizona corridor and now faces 3 felony charges. he has a public defender who has had him plead guilty and set to sentencing at end of month. any advice appreciated 707-322-7622
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nyn8088

Re: defense advise needed for horrible pot transport charge

Quote Posted in reply to the post by radha: View Post
    my son was trapped in northern arizona corridor and now faces 3 felony charges. he has a public defender who has had him plead guilty and set to sentencing at end of month. any advice appreciated 707-322-7622
    public defenders always tell you to plead guilty you have to fire him or her immediately and get a real lawyer and change the plea

3. TopTop #3
    Thad

If your public defender has a plea agreement to go along with the guilty plea you should investigate that agreement and compare that to the potential sentence. Your sons background will have a lot to do with the sentencing alternatives.

If your son is sitting in county jail because he can't bail out, this puts an extreme pressure to take a plea because conditions are generally gruesome and to the prosecutions advantage.

Being out of jail on bail makes fighting the case a longer proposition that prosecutors will often offer better deals to resolve the case, if you have anything to fight with regarding the context of the crime or any reason why your son could be viewed as having redeemable qualities by the court.

4. TopTop #4
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by radha: View Post
    I suggest you give Omar Figueroa, who is listing in our Business Directory, a call. Perhaps he'll give you some free advice and I imagine any time you paid for would be well worth it.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #5
    Warren K

I suggest you try the national NORML site www.norml.org . There you will find a listing of attorneys who specialize in this sort of thing, organized by state, and linked to a map. You didn't indicate where in AZ your son was busted, but I know there is at least one pot lawyer in Flagstaff. If he'd been busted near Phoenix, I'd recommend either Michael Walz or Marc Victor.

7. Gratitude expressed by: