Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Is this Art?

Two lactating women spraying their milk into each others' mouths. Is this art?

The responsible party is recently deceased Spanish (Spain) director, Bigas Luna:

Name:  c.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  59.7 KB
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Is This Really Art??? Come On!

From my perception, this is the "Art of PLAY or to use your terminology "Frolicking". I always thought that art and beauty was in the"eye of the beholder". But I do admit that some famous art from centuries ago, reflected the decadence of that age, and I perceived it as beautiful. Could it be that decadence has been part of every age, but we finally have someone to tell us that it's not really art at all?

We are fortunate to have an authority on what is art, and what is not. It's too bad we had to wait so long....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    This is clearly an example of how art has deteriorated in contemporary culture. Art reflects the soul of civilization and this denotes the decadence of our age.

How can two lactating women, frolicking at the beach, using their breasts as if they were water guns and toys to play with, ever be considered art by ANY stretch of ANYONE'S imagination???

Simply observe for yourselves, below. I rest my case.

Furthermore, additional evidence of our society going to hell in a hand basket can be found at this link:
    https://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2...667_1365248858

The responsible party is recently deceased Spanish director (Spain), Bigas Luna:
    https://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2...19_473042.html
    And:
    https://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2...95_471188.html

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Re: Is This Really Art??? Come On!

My commentary is facetious. But I'm glad you contributed your opinion, with which I agree.

Here is another example of boundary pushing art:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    From my perception, this is the "Art of PLAY or to use your terminology "Frolicking". I always thought that art and beauty was in the"eye of the beholder". But I do admit that some famous art from centuries ago, reflected the decadence of that age, and I perceived it as beautiful. Could it be that decadence has been part of every age, but we finally have someone to tell us that it's not really art at all?

We are fortunate to have an authority on what is art, and what is not. It's too bad we had to wait so long....

6. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

Has art deteriorated?

What is art?