Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Karin

expert in CalPErS

I am looking for someone who is an expert in the CalPERS system and who would be willing to help me for no or low fee to fight a ridiculous regulation pertaining to post-retirement employment that will prevent me from doing the work I want to do. If you are in the northern Sonoma county area, and would like to do a work trade (I am a licensed clinical social worker about to start a private practice), that might also work. Please contact me privately.

Additional clarification: the work involves preparing social workers to work with people in rural communities and especially in Native American communities who have very limited access to human services, especially culturally competent ones.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Hummingbear

Re: expert in CalPErS

You can't fight a bureaucracy that's correctly implementing regulations.
    If you have to prove that the regulation doesn't cover you, that's one thing; but if the regulation itself is ridiculous, I suggest going to your state assemblyperson's office. Their job includes helping consituents who have trouble with state regulations, making sure that regulations comply with laws, and changing laws that are counter-productive.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karin: View Post
    I am looking for someone who is an expert in the CalPERS system and who would be willing to help me for no or low fee to fight a ridiculous regulation pertaining to post-retirement employment that will prevent me from doing the work I want to do. If you are in the northern Sonoma county area, and would like to do a work trade (I am a licensed clinical social worker about to start a private practice), that might also work. Please contact me privately.

Additional clarification: the work involves preparing social workers to work with people in rural communities and especially in Native American communities who have very limited access to human services, especially culturally competent ones.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    ruthnew

Re: expert in CalPErS

Karin, I am not an expert but I have had some dealings with hiring retired PERS annuitants in a PERS agency. You may not have a permanent position or be paid a salary. You may work up to 960 hours per fiscal year on special projects requiring your expertise or filling in for regular employees (sick, vacation, leave). You must be paid an hourly rate comparable with others doing this type of work. I think this rule has affected hundreds of people in California, maybe more. There are PERS videos on You Tube that may be helpful. It is my understanding that if you are a private consultant you could not have an office in the agency you are working for. Ruth

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karin: View Post

Tags (user supplied keywords) for this Thread