To all: For those who have followed Lynne’s case, here is a chance to do something about it. As you know she has shown a lot of integrity over the years and deserves our support. This is a NEW effort so you won’t be resigning an old message. MM

Please forward widely and immediately...

Dear Friends,

The petition below reads in part:

"There is immediate remedy available for Lynne Stewart. Under the 1984 Sentencing Act, after a prisoner request, the Bureau of Prisons can file a motion with the Court to reduce sentences “for extraordinary and compelling reasons.” Life threatening illness is foremost among these and Lynne Stewart meets every rational and humane criterion for compassionate release."

If you click on the http: below now you will find the complete petition demanding that Lynne Stewart's sentence be reduced under the prison's "compassionate release" program.

I plan to visit Lynne in the next few weeks at her FMC Carswell prison facility in Forth Worth, Texas. I want to bring your love, compassion and solidarity with me. Lynne's very life is at stake and it's not too late to save it. She has asked to be sent to a top-notch hospital in New York City where state of the art and hopeful treatment can be employed to beat back and cure the metastasized breast cancer that has now spread to her lungs and upper back. Lynne has Stage 4 lung cancer. She is undergoing chemotherapy now, being transferred back and forth from FMC Carswell to a local Forth Worth,Texas area hospital.

She is a fighter and has been told by her physician that there is still hope to live. This is especially the case if she receives treatment in her original NYC hospital. Meanwhile her appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court to certify that they will hear her case is in preparation.
Please also send your email address to Lynne's husband at: [email protected] AND also to me at: [email protected]

Ralph heads up the national Lynne Stewart Organization and I am the West Coast Coordinator of the Lynne Stewart Defense Committee and a 50-year friend of Lynne We will add your email to our respective lists to keep you posted.

Contributions to Lynne's defense can be mailed to:

Lynne Stewart Organization
1070 Dean Street
Brooklyn, New York 11216

In solidarity,

Jeff Mackler, West Coast Coordinator,
Lynne Stewart Defense Committee
510-268-9429

Here is the link to read and sign the whole petition:

https://www.change.org/petitions/petition-to-free-lynne-stewart-save-her-life-release-her-now-2