Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Are there any actions against PGE regarding the installation of "smart meters?"

We came home today to discover the "gift" of a smart meter on our home. In order NOT to have one, there is a one time fee of $75 and a monthly charge of $10/month to opt out. The fact that they charge so much to opt out is infuriating to me. Not only does it discriminate against the poor, it is maddening that we have to pay more to not be exposed to something that we deem to be detrimental to our health.

I'm wondering if there are any class actions against PGE and/or how others have dealt with this.

Thanks
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Sasu

Re: Are there any actions against PGE regarding the installation of "smart meters?"

You can call PG&E and have them remove it- tell them you never opted in- and you do not consent to it. Stick to that line. As far as I can tell they have no legal authority to force you to have one or to pay for not having it when you don't consent.

This is all being dealt with in a CPUC proceeding, and its not settled. The fees have been used to intimidate people into accepting the meters.

Here's an opening brief I filed- which is a good summary of the issue: https://emfsafetynetwork.org/wp-cont...1/42154500.pdf

Best, Sandi
    www.emfsafetynetwork.org

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Berta: View Post
    We came home today to discover the "gift" of a smart meter on our home. In order NOT to have one, there is a one time fee of $75 and a monthly charge of $10/month to opt out. The fact that they charge so much to opt out is infuriating to me. Not only does it discriminate against the poor, it is maddening that we have to pay more to not be exposed to something that we deem to be detrimental to our health.

I'm wondering if there are any class actions against PGE and/or how others have dealt with this.

Thanks

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    diaba

Re: Are there any actions against PGE regarding the installation of "smart meters?"

I've even had them charge me the fee when they estimated my bill, even though my dogs were inside.