Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Beware TRUTH about PET FOOD.com domain name stolen to throw pet owners off track

I've subscribed to Truth About Pet Food.com for quite awhile and the owner, Susan Thixton knows her stuff, and really cares about our pets. This is very subversive, and we need to be aware, for our pet's sake.

Recently her entire website was hacked!

Guess who owns the domain names TruthaboutPetFood.net and TruthaboutPetFood.org?

Posted by Susan Thixton on January 25, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Just guess…who would purchase the domains exactly the same as this domain with the slight change of extension (.org or .net). Who do you think would do that?
    The registered owner of the two domains EXACTLY like this site (pet food consumer education), with different exchanges (.net and .org) is none other than the lobby organization for Big Pet Food – the Pet Food Institute (PFI).

This is how they do business.

The Pet Food Institute is hoping some unknowing consumer will type in .org or .net and then receive their version of the truth; “A Consumer’s Guide to Pet Food.” This guide includes advice against homemade pet food and advises against raw pet food, plus informs the unknowing that “Pet food is one of the most highly regulated of all food products.”

The domain name TruthaboutPetFood.net used to be owned by someone that heard me do a radio interview (Allan Handleman of WZTK) years ago. This person was involved in a network marketing pet food company and pet food consumers were directed to this pet food website when they typed in the ‘.net’. I’m not certain if the ‘.org’ was purchased by the same person at the same time. This person continued this website for years. I assume either this person allowed the domain ownership to expire OR the Pet Food Institute purchased the domain from them. (Any tech savvy folks out there want to investigate when PFI became owners of these domain names and let us know?) Regardless to when PFI took ownership of these domain names, it is clear their motive.

It is perfectly legal for the Pet Food Institute to purchase these domain names and try to steal some of the Internet traffic TruthaboutPetFood.com receives, but I have to ask…where is their integrity? Seriously, how low can you go?

I’ve witnessed the tactics of PFI first hand at AAFCO meetings. Now, pet food consumers can see for themselves how this Big Pet Food lobby group operates. Purchasing the .org and .net of the real ‘truth’ achieves little for PFI, that is with the exception of proving the true colors of this organization to a world of pet food consumers.

To all pet food consumers, please add to your list of questions you submit to your pet food manufacturer…Are you a member of Pet Food Institute? (The PFI does not make this information public.) When you have your response, ask yourself this question…Do I want to trust my pet’s life to a company that would endorse such morally questionable behavior?

To see this PFI’s work for yourself, visit TruthaboutPetFood.org or TruthaboutPetFood.net (though I personally don’t recommend the site).
    Many thanks to the pet food consumer that typed in ‘.org’ instead of ‘.com’.

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,
    Susan Thixton
    Pet Food Safety Advocate
    Author, Buyer Beware
    Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
    TruthaboutPetFood.com
    PetsumerReport.com
    Last edited by Barry; 01-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email